• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Splatoon Amiibo in Mario Maker?

iNinja5567

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
iNinja5567
Is anyone else concerned that the Splatoon Amiibo might not be functional in Super Mario Maker? I hope they will have functionality, but the Splatoon Amiibo are so far only functional in Splatoon. If they will be in Super Mario Maker, I can't wait to play as Inklings in Mario levels!

subata

Full Squid
NNID
cyradius
the only amiibo that shall never be compatible with more than one game is the pokemon amiibos.

subata

Full Squid
NNID
cyradius
You mean the figures for Pokemon Rumble U? Those aren't Amiibo.
no, i mean the pokemon amiibo, as in the ones part of the smash brothers series of amiibo, as no game so far has had any compatibility with them except for smash brothers, and it seems like it is going to stay that way.

iNinja5567

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
iNinja5567
no, i mean the pokemon amiibo, as in the ones part of the smash brothers series of amiibo, as no game so far has had any compatibility with them except for smash brothers, and it seems like it is going to stay that way.
They are functional in other games. Hyrule Warriors, for one.

WaifuRaccoonBL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
That would be sweet if the splatoon amiibo worked in mario maker. Granted, you would probably only get the female inkling as she is the main one. Much like how there is only the female wii fit trainer.

It would be sweet hearing the victory jingle in Super mario bros as well! <3

Infinity343018

Senior Squid
Actually the Splatoon Amiibo unlock Yoshi costumes just like all the others in Yoshi's Woolly World

iNinja5567

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
iNinja5567
That would be sweet if the splatoon amiibo worked in mario maker. Granted, you would probably only get the female inkling as she is the main one. Much like how there is only the female wii fit trainer.

It would be sweet hearing the victory jingle in Super mario bros as well! <3
Why would only one of the Amiibo work? There is only one Wii fit trainer Amiibo, whereas there are three Splatoon Amiibo.

WaifuRaccoonBL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Why would only one of the Amiibo work? There is only one Wii fit trainer Amiibo, whereas there are three Splatoon Amiibo.
I recall them saying some point in the past that only a select few will actually work. If thats the case, then I don't see a reason for them to include all the splatoon characters as playable.

We saw isabelle was one of the playable characters as well, and we have no idea if the others in the animal crossing set are playable as well for example.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom