Splatoon and Liquipedia

Silver

Speedrunning Inkling
NNID
MHFsilver
Hello everyone of SquidBoards, I wanted to make a thread here to bring attention to a project that the Splatoon scene has. Back in 2022, Splatoon earned a page on the eSports wiki called "Liquipedia". If you're not aware of what they are, they're a website dedicated to documenting and tracking competitive events, teams and players for some of the biggest eSports titles in the world. Games like Valorant, Counter Strike, League of Legends and more. The name may sound familiar and it's because it's run in part with the organization Team Liquid. Back in 2022, thanks to a lot of community outreach and effort, we managed to convince the staff of Liquipedia to give us a spot on their site. This alone is a massive deal, a bigger deal than many may realize. Our scene is now on the map on the site with some of the biggest titles in the eSports world.

So why am I making this? Well mostly to bring attention to it, but there's also another reason. Liquipedia sites are entirely community run, meaning all of the work is done by the community of said game. There was a lot of hype and attention when we first got on the site, but now, not so much. For awhile in the early days, the site "Inkipedia" tracked competitive stuff like tournaments and teams, but now we have a better place to put all of that information. For this to be effective and for us to grow, we need more people willing to contribute to the site. If you know a good bit of Splatoon history, and would like to help archive our competitive history, and help bring attention to our future, I highly suggest checking out the site.

We currently have some events already on the site, along with some players and teams. Doing this takes a lot of effort, so I wanted to bring attention to it here in case there are some people who'd be willing to aide in its creation. Currently, we are "pre-alpha" which means the wiki is still in development. If we're able to make enough progress, then the site enters "Alpha" which then adds us to the site's navigation, making it even easier for us to be seen. So, if you'd like to help out, below will be a link to the site, along with the Discord channel in their official server for use with gathering data.

Again, being on Liquipedia is a big deal for us, and I'd just like to bring more attention to it and hopefully get more eyes on it. This is a big step for competitive Splatoon and I hope that some of the scene's bigger names help also bring eyes to this. If you have any questions, feel free to post them here and I'll answer any if I can.

Site: https://liquipedia.net/splatoon/Main_Page
Discord: https://discord.gg/liquipedia

zyf_

Pro Squid
liquipedia tracking top jp play is kinda goated and i wasnt expecting it the site is goated and def needs more traction (but i think squidboards is already p niche again lol so you might wanna go to twitter w this one)

sadly i don't have a good record of a lot of splatoon history, i just remember it happening vaguely lol

Silver

Speedrunning Inkling
NNID
MHFsilver
liquipedia tracking top jp play is kinda goated and i wasnt expecting it the site is goated and def needs more traction (but i think squidboards is already p niche again lol so you might wanna go to twitter w this one)

sadly i don't have a good record of a lot of splatoon history, i just remember it happening vaguely lol
Yeah, I originally brought attention to this on Twitter to begin with and it brought some people, but it didn't get a whole lot of traction. Perhaps I need to do it again

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom