Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kelp Splat Charger

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Ink dweller

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Jchalla
You may be looking at the the thread tittle looking confused but this game is kind of a "survival of the fittest" game and I will tell you why.

Some people may have noticed this but weapon trends exist in Splatoon, and if you don't follow or nerf the trend, don't expect to rank up. I'm sorry to say this but this game works on a "survival of the fittest " system. If you can't keep up, or thrive in this game. Not many things will go good for you.

Here's the history of weapon trends in Splatoon. Please note that I don't know specifically all of the trends, but I know the biggest ones. New trends normally come out every month or so.

Here's the history of weapon trends

So when the game first came out, the aerospray rg was the trending weapon. Within a few weeks, the .52 gal, and the .96 gal were the trends when the. 96 gal deco, and .52 gal deco came out, they quickly took out their vanilla counterparts out of the trend mix. The .52 gal deco, and the .96 gal deco both fought in popularity, but 96 gal deco won that battle. After about a month of ruling the trend kingdom, the splattershot pro became the new trend. In about 3 weeks, the E-liter came into the scene, taking out the splattershot pro. Later, the splat charger, kelp splat charger, splatterscope, and the kelp splatterscope almost nerfed the E-liter, but the tentatek splattershot disrupted the nerf. The krak-on splat roller, Eliter 3k, and the tentatek splattershot were all equal when it came to popularity. But ever since the weapon nerf, less people used the splat roller, and the E-liter. Since we're rebels, people wanted to beat the E-liter nerf. And it was successful for the E-liter users.

WHAT'S GOING ON NOW YOU ASK?
The Tentatek splattershot is losing It's popularity to inkbrushes, N-zap 89and the .52 gal deco (the past is upon us) If this ends up being a pattern, we will know how to nerf those weapons.

Feel free to comment on your opinions, suggestions, and criticisms.

Noire

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Kyseria
Despite the ever changing trends on what people use, I stick to what I did when I first played. The Hero Shot and the Octoshot (When I hit level 40) are what I mostly use and I'll never stop maining them regardless of what happens.

What I do then, Is adjust to the trend and counter with the strengths of my weapon. I know I will suffer a lot of splats. But I'm not about to main a weapon just because everyone else is doing it for an easy win or other reasons. I'm proud of my 200K+ Turf Inked with the Hero Shot and I plan on continuing, even if I have a lose streak.

Ink dweller

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Jchalla
What do you think is the trending weapon right now?
Also, every month, I will post a poll asking what you think is the trending weapon

Noire

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Kyseria
From what I've seen, the Tentatek/Octoshot and the N-Zap '89 are the most popular.

redacteddd

Banned (6 points)
I don't know why you insist that the inkbrush is more popular than the Tentatek Splattershot. As good as the inkbrush is at covering turf and getting unwitting players into sticky situations, the abysmal range of it's swipe and it's lack of team assistance or range compensation based subs makes it unsuited for competitive, where range is crucial. You won't see too many people beyond lvl 20 wielding it.

NNID
m0nkeyd0g
I personally don't think the tentatek splattershot will ever really be ineffective. To me, it's clearly the most all-around, and does well in any mode, really.

I also see a lot of people using the octobrush now. That's another weapon that I like.

As far as chargers go, as it is now, the E-Liter doesn't seem to be going anywhere as far as viability or popularity go.

But really though, I think people need to remember that you can master any weapon, and play well with any weapon, some just have a steeper learning curve than others.

Raxxin

Inkling
NNID
linkfromcdi
The Inkbrush isnt a weapon tho.
It could only be my imagination, but i think more and more people are using the regular/scoped Splatcharger instead of the E-Litre since the nerf.

LMG

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I haven't really noticed much of a trend in Turf Wars aside of the sudden N-Zap '89 invasion. That said, I prefer to deal with Inkstrikes a lot more than Inkzookas, so I'm not complaining ;)

Zero Meddler

Inkling Cadet
Tentateks! Tentateks everywhere!

I'll stick to my Dual Squelcher thank you very much. >=D

ChefKef

Inkling
Can we talk about the Custom Range Blaster Right quick? I've seen ranked be in a blaster phase for a while now, but that's just me personally.

Recently picked up Custom Range Blaster, and right away saw the popularity. Absolutely no reason to use any blaster over it.

Not that those scrubs can deal with my Krak-On or Nzap 85 yet anyway.

Yellowkirbyguy

Senior Squid
Coincidentally once i started to main the Custom Range blaster on the second day, i started to do exceedingly well with it on the Japan lobbies about a week later, i start seeing some other Custom Range users. It's a good weapon, people just avoid it because it's dreadfully slow. But if had a fast fire rate, i'm pretty sure it'd be close to if not completely over powered.

I don't think i'll ever stop seeing the Tentateks/Octoshots. before i hit S rank it was always Tentateks, Splat Rollers, Luna blasters, and maybe a 96 gal. N-zaps are only trendy to Splat zones for obvious reasons.

But i haven't seen an Inkbrush user in like, ages let alone a good one. Maybe Japan doesn't like the Brush? Or have i coincidentally been playing in the wrong lobbies? xD I see more Octobrushes than i do Inkbrushes so yeah.

Survival of the fittest you say? I must be a fit Rapid Blaster user then xD

Inyo

Inkling Cadet
NNID
SurfGreenGibby
The same few weapons have been popular since the game came out, and they are popular for a reason, though the once-mighty Krak-On is not as omnipresent as it once was, ditto the Aerospray.

I see a wide variety of weapons online, more so than in the past, which I think is a testament to how one can be successful with any weapon since they are all pretty balanced, and ones that are not balanced are made so via the patches.

I don't think this "survival of the fittest" and weapon trend thing is worth worrying about too much. I do pretty well and I use the dang Nozzlenose.

PK21

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
PuffleKirby21
I ususally see 2 Splash-O-Matics per team in every mode. :/

SupaTim

Prodigal Squid
NNID
SupaTim101
Well, in ranked things seem pretty stable: tentatek/octoshot, .96 deco, .52 gal, dynamo (on splat zones), krak-on, 3k scope, luna, and occasionally a mish mash of other things (nzaps, squelchers, carbon).

In Turf War things DO change often and there does seem to be a "flavor-of-the-week" sort of thing happening. That being said, aerosprays, nzap 89, jrs, krak-ons, and ink brushes are always going to be popular. Right now I think we might be in the middle of a flux because there is a lot of variety at the moment.

Inyo

Inkling Cadet
NNID
SurfGreenGibby
One day the Nozzlenose will be the flavour of the week, and I will finally be vindicated.

Actually, when the D came out, I saw quite a few of them, just because anything with the Kraken is powerfully magnetic, apparently.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom