Splatoon at UWaterloo (Event Idea)

If this event is to take place at UWaterloo, would you come?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Maybe

• Don't know

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GregDesSPTN100

Inkling
NNID
GPDUW100
I am still new to SquidBoards and pretty busy with other stuff. (I don't know if I have posted this in the right forum)

Anyway, for the past three months, I've been persisting on a Splatoon tournament idea where I would try to organize it as an event and have it take place at the University of Waterloo. It's about an hour away from Toronto. Before I post the event on the SquidBoards Event Calendar, I want to get some insight from other users first before I go on ahead and share the info I got back to the director of campus life I met last week in a short 15-minute meeting.

The event is offline, but I would see with the university's student council to see if we can incorporate different elements to make it fun instead of just a tournament and give out prizes to whoever gets the most points in Turf War or the number of knockouts in Tower Control. I do have a bunch of ideas, but I'm going to have to see with the director first because I do not have sufficient knowledge on our budgeting. However, I do have an estimated target of how many people would show up in the event: about 100.

Attached to this thread is a PDF file holding ideas that I think are realistic or unrealistic.

I don't know exactly when the event will take place nor which facility because we have yet to negotiate, but an idea I have in mind would be the end of August and have it take place inside the small gymnasium at UWaterloo's Physical Activities Complex, this big lecture hall on the ground floor of Mathematics 3 (with spacious seating and many electrical outlets), perhaps one of the breakout rooms in Engineering 5 that was used in both Tech Retreat 2015 and Hack the North (two UWaterloo-based hackathons), or the Feds Hall.

I want to make sure that by reserving the space, it's open yet has outlets for our equipment, the Wi-Fi is definitely stable so that you don't get so annoyed by those "The connection is unstable" popups in a match, and that we have the feeling we're in an actual tournament.

Please take the time to fill out the survey attached to this thread!

Attachments

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom