• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Splatoon beta elements found in Super Mario Maker?!

Twitter (and Squidboard) user Nikki has recently data mined Super Mario Maker and interestingly discovered plenty of beta elements of gear and weapons from Splatoon. As well as having an off branched build of Splatoon, same debug XML as Splatoon, and has VSGAME and mission from, you guessed it, Splatoon. Your thoughts? Also, if you have any question on the matter I would direct you to @NWPlayer123, which I also want to thank for discovering this.

Last edited:

Ink Gunner Emily

Full Squid
NNID
Ayerin
Well this is interesting. Didn't expect the Mushroom Kingdom Plumber to be packing some hidden power. Then again hidden elements are as they are specified. I wonder what Nintendo was planning. They are sly sometimes with their content.

Though it maybe leftovers too. Gaming left overs can sometime be incorporated in other games as support code. Not to mention the bloopers are like the inklings in their own way, though they existed longer than the inkling race. Creepy enough, inklings are basically giant bloopers.

LMG

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Well this is interesting. Didn't expect the Mushroom Kingdom Plumber to be packing some hidden power. Then again hidden elements are as they are specified. I wonder what Nintendo was planning. They are sly sometimes with their content.
Super Mario Sunshine 2: Trouble in Inkopolis? o_O

Ink Gunner Emily

Full Squid
NNID
Ayerin
Super Mario Sunshine 2: Trouble in Inkopolis? o_O
I dought a second Sunshine would be made. Though the concept is there since Inkopolis is now a official Nintendo world. Now that I think about it more... dang that would be interesting. Though at first Mario would think of the Inklings as walking talking Bloopers.

lol Well it looks like this could be integrated into this topic then.

DonkaFjord

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
DonkaFjord
The tennis balls are a reference to painting with tennis balls- pretty neat and I kind of wish they made it in.

Sol64

The RNG God of /r/Splatoon
It's ok, we get a sticky can of blow up chowder instead.

aceofscarabs

Inkling Fleet Admiral
That revolver, I want a ink gun like that.

"Six shots... more than enough to splat any squid that moves."

LMG

Inkling Fleet Admiral
That revolver, I want a ink gun like that.

"Six shots... more than enough to splat any squid that moves."
"i know what you're thinking, did I fire six shots or only five? Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitment I kinda lost track myself. But being this a .44 Squidnum, the most powerful shooter in Inkopolis, it will splat you with a single shot. You've got to ask yourself one question, do I feel lucky?"

Joseph Staleknight

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
JStaleknight
Switch Friend Code
SW-1169-3473-1031
An interesting fine to be sure. I wonder how that would've changed the game? Maybe they removed those things because in practice they were too unwieldy or powerful for the gameplay style.

Now I'm wondering what a Splatoon platformer would be like. Something akin to Contra or Mega Man, maybe?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom