Splatoon Community stream! LOOKING FOR STREAMERS FOR EU TIMES

Icedise

The Savage Squid
NNID
IceDise
Hello fellow kids and squids!

We are setting up a Splatoon Community stream on Twitch.tv to promote our community members and streamers in general. We will also have podcasts, community events and hopefully even eSports stuff on the channel. The main idea is streamers that are interested in this project fill the application (link below) and we work on a schedule when each streamer can do their job. We are looking people from each region and you don't have to be experienced streamer to apply. You also can provide any kind of Splatoon gameplay (turf wars, ranked ,multiplayer, singleplayer, speedrunning, etc.).

Streamer requirements:
  • You can provide commentary while streaming gameplay.
  • You can stream at least once a week. We try to give everyone that's interested a chance but we are not looking for "one time streamers". We don't want to re-create the streaming schedule every week so we wish that people who apply this project will have commitment to some degree.
  • You can behave even on the great internet. We dont want to promote any toxic behaviour when it comes to streaming on our channel. We expect you to approach everyone in a friendly manner and to keep swearing as low as possible.
  • You are interested in promoting our community.
  • We also expect you to give feedback to improve our stream.
Each streamer will have a 2-3 hour window to do their streaming on the channel and once the time is up next streamer will start their stream on the very same channel. Since there are so many members from NA and EU, we could possibly keep the stream going 24/7, especially at the launch and hopefully even after that.

We are also looking for artists to create overlays, logos, widgets and such for the stream. Please leave a comment if you can help us with this, any help is highly appreciated!

Links:

Also please forgive spelling mistakes and bad english in general. I try... :oops:

Last edited:

Fate

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Fate684
It's an interesting idea, but unfortunately I'm not sure I could work this into my schedule currently. If I can find a way to fit in a second stream time, will there be a cut off date for applying?

Incase I can find a way to adjust my schedule, I do have some questions about how it'll work. Will there be some flexibility in scheduling, if there's unused time, or is each streamer given specific days and times that they'll be doing each week?

Will the streamers be required to use a common overlay, and if so, will we be able to use any of our own things such as logos, away screens, starting/ending sequences, etc. if they don't get in the way?

Will streamers be able to use content from their sessions, such as if a speedrunner wants to upload a run to their YouTube?

Is any self promotion allowed, such as mentioning our own channel, Twitter, YouTube, website(s), etc.?

Icedise

The Savage Squid
NNID
IceDise
It's an interesting idea, but unfortunately I'm not sure I could work this into my schedule currently. If I can find a way to fit in a second stream time, will there be a cut off date for applying?
We haven't talked about this but I'd like to say yes.

Incase I can find a way to adjust my schedule, I do have some questions about how it'll work. Will there be some flexibility in scheduling, if there's unused time, or is each streamer given specific days and times that they'll be doing each week?
The times we "give" will be specific and we hope that all that time is utilized if possible. And the times we provide will most likely be weekly.

Will the streamers be required to use a common overlay, and if so, will we be able to use any of our own things such as logos, away screens, starting/ending sequences, etc. if they don't get in the way?
The idea is that we will provide overlays for each streamer, but I don't think we'll require streamers to use them. And I'm all for streamers using their own screens and sequences.

Will streamers be able to use content from their sessions, such as if a speedrunner wants to upload a run to their YouTube?

Is any self promotion allowed, such as mentioning our own channel, Twitter, YouTube, website(s), etc.?
Yes to both of these. Almost the whole project revolves around the idea that we help community members to become more visible and the community members help the community reach out better.

Fate

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Fate684
Thanks for the reply.

I'll have to see what, if anything, I can do about my schedule. If I'm not able to make it work I'll at least add your channel to my host rotation for the few followers I have. :)

Icedise

The Savage Squid
NNID
IceDise
Thanks for the reply.

I'll have to see what, if anything, I can do about my schedule. If I'm not able to make it work I'll at least add your channel to my host rotation for the few followers I have. :)
That is really highly appreciated! Thank you!

EnderGamma

Senior Squid
NNID
EnderGamma
I would love to, but I'm afraid working 47 hours a week, trying to produce at least one Splatoon video on youtube a week (if possible), I pretty much can only stream on Sundays as it is my only day off. But unfortunately this doesn't meet your requirements. I understand wanting dependable candidates for streaming, but wouldn't it be best to open up the prerequisites even a little bit? I have been ordering parts for a computer to stream in 720/60 and it will be finished mid June. I suppose you could check my personal channel by that time to see if you would even want to incorporate me, but alas my schedule will more than likely be the same (available only on Sundays from around 4pm-5-8am EST).

Last edited:

Icedise

The Savage Squid
NNID
IceDise
I would love to, but I'm afraid working 47 hours a week, trying to produce at least one Splatoon video on youtube a week (if possible), I pretty much can only stream on Sundays as it is my only day off. But unfortunately this doesn't meet your requirements. I understand wanting dependable candidates for streaming, but wouldn't it be best to open up the prerequisites even a little bit? I have been order parts for a computer to stream in 720/60 and it will be finished mid June. I suppose you could check my personal channel by that time to see if you would even want to incorporate me, but alas my schedule will more than likely be the same (available only on Sundays from around 4pm-5-8am EST).
That's actually really good point. I'm gonna edit the OP right away and loosen the requirements a bit.

EnderGamma

Senior Squid
NNID
EnderGamma
That's actually really good point. I'm gonna edit the OP right away and loosen the requirements a bit.
I think a better requirement would be punctuality, consistency, and dependability for one day and additional days being a plus. I think what you're doing and setting up is great and look forward to it even if I'm unable to be a part of it. :D

Icedise

The Savage Squid
NNID
IceDise
I think a better requirement would be punctuality, consistency, and dependability for one day and additional days being a plus. I think what you're doing and setting up is great and look forward to it even if I'm unable to be a part of it. :D
Yeah, that is exactly what we're looking for. I just seem to have some troubles to represent this thing with words :P Streaming only on one day in a week will be completily fine as long as it's consistent.

Kzero

Inkster Jr.
Sounds awesome. I'll be streaming it from the second it launches. I don't wish to apply for this though. I have a bit of a mouth, although i'm gonna try and keep it 100% clean when I stream Splatoon, in case any kiddies are watching. Is It ok if I still promote this community on my stream though? Really enjoying my time here so far. Good luck with this, and to everyone applying. This is an awesome idea.

Icedise

The Savage Squid
NNID
IceDise
Sounds awesome. I'll be streaming it from the second it launches. I don't wish to apply for this though. I have a bit of a mouth, although i'm gonna try and keep it 100% clean when I stream Splatoon, in case any kiddies are watching. Is It ok if I still promote this community on my stream though? Really enjoying my time here so far. Good luck with this, and to everyone applying. This is an awesome idea.
Thank you! And yes, of course you are allowed to promote our community stream whenever you feel like doing it! Any help is highly appreciated. We are still looking for more people to join this project. Hopefully active streamers will tune in soon.

aba_99

Inkling
sounds like great idea i would join but working around 50 hours a week doesn't allow me to stream in regular manner but i will support in anyway i can.
I am planning to take week off when the game launches and stream it day one and do some giveaways(maybe).
If you guys planning to do giveaways i don't mind share something for the giveaway with this channel as collab/support :3

mininut4

Inkling Cadet
NNID
mininut4
i would love to stream splatoon, but unfortunately I'm not in a good environment for it, nor do I have a good computer for it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom