• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Splatoon DLC?

Cherubic Cherry

Inkling
NNID
AjGreen18
What DLC do you think there will be? Mario Sunshine crossover with fludd shooting ink and Bowser Jr's paintbrush? Delfino Plaza could be a cool map.

DiGiTaL

Inkling
NNID
DiGiTaLM4N
Hoping they wont do any crossover for DLC if they do other characters would out shine the inklings in their own game. I would like to see DLC though just not full characters from other games. Items from other franchises I would be okay with that though.

RespawningJesus

I am a leaf on the wind - watch how I soar.
Premium
NNID
RespawningJesus
So long as they do not sell additional maps, I will be fine. Give everyone the maps for free, that way everyone can play on them. They could make up for this by selling additional single player missions, and more gear.

Reila

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I am down for DLC if it is meaty and reasonably priced like the Mario Kart 8 DLCs. If it is like the Smash 4 DLCs, then... no thanks.

FunkyLobster

Inkling Commander
NNID
FunkyLobster
the game comes out in 3 and a half weeks, i think any talk about dlc is premature (even though the developers said they're considering post-launch dlc.) that said it's still fun sharing thoughts like this

i wouldn't want crossover dlc considering, like DiGiTaL said, it would outshine the inklings in their own game. splatoon really has its own personality and identity, something like an MK8 style crossover would make nintendo look doubtful or otherwise not confident in the game on its own

i REALLY do not want map packs. i'd rather have weapons, cosmetics, or even singleplayer content sold as dlc than multiplayer map packs. they strongly fragment a community considering players who don't have the new maps can't play with players who do, but players who have any other kind of dlc can play with other players who don't have it. the reason cod and battlefield always do map packs is because they don't care about the longevity of the community since a new game is coming out pretty much every year anyway, and the reason long lasting games like tf2 or counter strike have stayed alive so long is because the developers care about the community and players and want to make a game with lasting appeal

any other dlc sounds cool to me! as long as its not something obviously cheap like an xp booster, though

Lyn

Squid Savior From the Future
Premium
There's already a thread about this, but there will likely be maps or equipment.

Shaggy_MN_1975

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Shaggy_MN_1975
Not sure if I agree with crossover DLC outshining the main game if it is done the right way. Maps and weapons would be a good fit, like Cherubic mentioned Delfino Plaza for a map. Maybe Luigi's Mansion would be cool. I do think that other characters should be left out. Maps, weapons and gear inspired by other franchises is OK with me

Math

Pro Squid
NNID
BigPenguini
I never want DLC to fragment the playerbase or for Splatoon to become pay-to-win. I'd like to see new gear that looks different but has the same stats as another piece, so buyers won't have an advantage.

I wouldn't mind a Captain Falcon helmet or Mario overalls (the undershirt could change with the color of your ink) and stuff like that here and there. That'd actually be pretty cool.

Also, what about Samus' arm cannon? It could be a charger with a wide hitbox but short range. Like a hybrid blaster charger.

Or, of course, F.L.U.D.D., which could shoot a steady stream of ink that's very weak, almost like when you try to squish someone with the Inkbrush. And the special could be the ability to switch to waterpack mode for a few seconds, functioning just like in Sunshine, and giving you the ability to float and cover the ground below you.

Is there, like, a "dream content" thread? If not, there should be. I wanna see what other people would like to see in the game.

Superjustinbros

Pro Squid
NNID
AozoraJustin
The last thing I'd want is Mario-themed DLC.
Sorry but I've made it clear in the past that I don't want Ninty's big daddy to come in and have Splatoon piggy back off it's success. A few easter eggs of Bloopers and and T-shirt of the Mario Bros. Bonus Stage Result Screen is fine enough.

Me personally I'd love to see some Jet Set Radio DLC come through.

Egregore

Splash Wall of China
NNID
NoGoodEndings
Well, we are already getting Squid Girl DLC, so technically that's a crossover.

I just hope after August they continue to pump out more DLC. Perhaps an expansion with more maps, gear, and more.

Math

Pro Squid
NNID
BigPenguini
Me personally I'd love to see some Jet Set Radio DLC come through.
Kind of unlikely, since the last game in the series came out 15 years ago, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Not really a deciding factor, but we all know Hideki Naganuma LOVES Splatoon.

SalsaSavant

Full Squid
Maybe they could do a minimalistic crossover?

Like, add free amiibo support that gives you t-shirts with series symbols.
IE: Scan Mario/Luigi/Etc, get a Super Mushroom shirt. Scan Link/Zelda/Etc, a Triforce shirt. It would still be crossover and a little amiibo bonus, but still wouldn't overshadow them.

Blue24

Inkling Commander
NNID
bluebomber2425
Clothes DLC can work. As there is no benefit to them. Have an ugly shirt with a main ability you don't want; just pay 75cents to get another type of shirt.

I also think Transposing gear DLC would also be interesting. These would be special gear that you can transfer the abilities onto a new piece of gear. You wouldn't be able to manipulate the abilitites though. W/e is on the old gear is transfered exactly onto the new gear.

DLC maps that you play with friends is an idea.

Its hard to play around with maps too much because then your messing with the playing population as your splitting who has those maps and who don't

Last edited:

Njok

Bouncer
Maybe they could do a minimalistic crossover?

Like, add free amiibo support that gives you t-shirts with series symbols.
IE: Scan Mario/Luigi/Etc, get a Super Mushroom shirt. Scan Link/Zelda/Etc, a Triforce shirt. It would still be crossover and a little amiibo bonus, but still wouldn't overshadow them.
I really like this idea. Great way to put extra gear in the game!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom