• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Splatoon has sold more than 4 million copies worldwide.

Mendax

Pro Squid
NNID
hazzahbazzah
well, that's quite the achievement.
easily the Wii U's killer game in my opinion.

Joseph Staleknight

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
JStaleknight
Switch Friend Code
SW-1169-3473-1031
Heck yeah! I think this'll be the Wii U's finest moment; a game that sold incredibly quickly and was worth every $60 spent.

Now I can't wait for the next game in the series.

Spennicus

Inkling
NNID
groovysmithy
Just picked up my copy a couple days ago and it's already my favorite game on the Wii U.

Las7

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Las7man
Awesome, few could have predicted it would do so well before the launch. That means there are a majority 2.5 million non Japanese players, while it appears that the most invested are the Japanese. 400K watching the tournament and concert event, that's just crazy.
Amazing success, biggest home console game in Japan and now among the big franchises of Nintendo.

Hopefully they continue supporting it with content till Spla2oon drops.

Award

Squid Savior From the Future
It's a nice tribute that for the first several years of the Wii U struggling, Iwata said over and over to investors and interviewers that "one piece of software can turn things around." And right at the very end, he was proven right.

Zombie Aladdin

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Overhazard
Wow, Super Smash Bros. for 3DS trounced Super Smash Bros. for Wii U that bad?

Award

Squid Savior From the Future
Wow, Super Smash Bros. for 3DS trounced Super Smash Bros. for Wii U that bad?
It's just the install base. People criticize them for torpedoing WiiU by wasting resources on Smash 3DS rather than as a console seller, but that volume talks. Technically attach rate is better on Wii U, but 3DS just has so much volume. Yet another example of why NX needs to be a home/portable hybrid once and for all. It's just a financial necessity at this point.

That makes Splatoon's numbers all that more impressive though. Doing almost half the sales of one of the top pillars on 3DS on Wii U - and if you look at the dates, Splatoon wasn't even out for a month and a half of that time period!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom