• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Splatoon has surpassed 1 million sales world wide

[EJ]_Locke

Inkling Commander
NNID
EJ_Locke
Simply amazing... This game definitely deserves it though, it has brought some definite flavor to the shooter genre.

Inkoishi

The Closed Eyes of Love
NNID
DokiDokiKoishi
Kinda saw this coming with its huge popularity. Still, it's something to celebrate!

Ikieri

Pro Squid
NNID
Mendozaz
W00T! It's time to celebrate!
We should call it like,
I dunno, something that starts with an S... and ends in a T...

NA, got nothing.

Last edited:

Las7

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Las7man
Deserved, I'm personally really enjoying myself - haven't had such fun with a shooter since I first started playing CS

lordvaati

Inkling
Seems that this game IS Fresh beyond belief.

seems I gotta try and steal some playtime next I visit my bud, especially if we are to rep team DiamondDogs.

itisRag

friendly neighborhood rag
NNID
itisrag
I don't really care for clichés, but I think this is only the beginning for Splatoon. I've seen someone comment somewhere that Splatoon is an investment. It is a very simple, yet novel idea that can be expanded into very interesting and fun gameplay as it grows and becomes a full-blown franchise with series of updates and a series of future releases.

N3ON

Inkling
I bet that crazy lady who said it wouldn't pass 400k feels silly now. >_>

WaifuRaccoonBL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Love this news!

Everyone was saying how dead it was going to be, and I'm glad those people are proven wrong. I mean, it really is an amazing game. Nintendo still has it when it comes to creating new ips. It didn't just stop with Pikmin.

Funen1

Full Squid
NNID
Funen1
Great to hear that Splatoon is proving this successful! It's definitely starting to take its place among Nintendo's IPs, and I only see it getting bigger as more content is released.

Agosta44

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Agosta
What is wrong with you? Its a good new actually for a new IP. Again an awesome new.
What's wrong with me is timing out waiting for turf war or having half the room be B- players when I'm A+. That's great is sold a million in a month. That's irrelevant to my experience. They marketed the **** out of this game so I was expecting much more sales especially since their other online multiplayer games sold 1 million+ in 2 days with much MUCH less advertising.

DaisyFan

Pro Squid
What's wrong with me is timing out waiting for turf war or having half the room be B- players when I'm A+. That's great is sold a million in a month. That's irrelevant to my experience. They marketed the **** out of this game so I was expecting much more sales especially since their other online multiplayer games sold 1 million+ in 2 days with much MUCH less advertising.
you expected way to much. its close to a month and splatoon hit 1million, its a pretty good start for a fresh new IP from Nintendo. its also one of the weakest console in selling atm dont forget about this.

lostleader

Senior Squid
NNID
lostleader
cuteyyui.gif

I love this so much. I talk to a friend of mine that I met via Streaming, and pmuch they were like this game isn't going to sell and I was all like it's going to be a system seller. And here we are. I'm so happy man. Like I know sales are going to drop as soon as the new year hits, but I honestly think this will be the Wii U's saving grace

Agosta44

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Agosta
you expected way to much. its close to a month and splatoon hit 1million, its a pretty good start for a fresh new IP from Nintendo. its also one of the weakest console in selling atm dont forget about this.
That's great. Doesn't change the fact that lobbies time out constantly or they lock out 1/3 of regions for splat fests (which also fail to meet required players).

Pivi

Inkling Cadet
NNID
HeroPivi
When it comes to sales, numbers doesn't mean a lot to me because I'm bad at math but I'm glad a lot of people bought the game.

Hopefully now Nintendo will be more willing to try out new IPs or revive older ones instead of just making more Mario spinoffs

and who's ready for the heaps of post launch support after august? I aaaammm!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom