• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Splatoon: livestreams @ NicoNico Chokaigi 2015

Yaezakura

Pro Squid
Here's what I think is the new tutorial map.
Yes, it's definitely a kind of warm-up stage, but a different one than we saw with the E3 builds. The balloons are meant to lead players around and get them to test the various controls, including jumping as a squid and climbing up walls.

Kind of doubt this will be in the final game, though. It was probably slapped together for the demo version to give people a chance to learn the basic controls before an actual match starts. The full game won't really have a need for that.

itisRag

friendly neighborhood rag
NNID
itisrag
Having watched people play for roughly the past three hours is making me want to play it.

Edit: It's over. It lasted around 7 hours and 20 minutes. And call me crazy for looking forward to watching Day 2.

Last edited:

itisRag

NNID
itisrag
I want to be part of that dream :scared:
All I can remember is that I was playing it and communicating with someone else who was playing it. I remember worrying that I wasn't diving into ink enough and getting antsy during load screens.

Infinity343018

Senior Squid
I just thought if something after seeing someone uploaded the first 5 hours of it. What if they used that as the demo? It has an introductory place to learn how to play and it also uses 2 maps for multiplayer. (They are doing the second one today I heard)

StarHunter789

Pro Squid
NNID
Linestar777
Here is the entire recorded stream of Day 1 if anyone wants to watch it. It's 5 hours long and the gameplay starts at about 8:24.

thefro

Full Squid
I really like Arowana Mall's level design. The main route is basically a linear series of ramps with walls every so often, sectioning the map into several choke points. But there's catwalk routes along the side and on top of the walls, plus a flank route into/out of each base.

itisRag

NNID
itisrag
I really like Arowana Mall's level design. The main route is basically a linear series of ramps with walls every so often, sectioning the map into several choke points. But there's catwalk routes along the side and on top of the walls, plus a flank route into/out of each base.
It seems like the first push is crucial on that map to decide which team is in control and which team may have to turtle in their base if they can't recover. If the teams are better matched then it looks like it can get competitive in the middle area.

Captain Norris

Inkling Commander
It seems like the first push is crucial on that map to decide which team is in control and which team may have to turtle in their base if they can't recover. If the teams are better matched then it looks like it can get competitive in the middle area.
That is knda how it with a lot of stages as well. There is always a fine line that once pushed through, a team will have control.

Inari

Inkling Cadet
NNID
FlippingTables
Some footage of Day 2 is up on youtube.

The first set of matches with the MC playing were pretty fun to watch. Even though he was getting splatted left and right by the other team, he carried hard by leading a push into the enemy half of the map in the last minute and inking up their base.

TheSpeedyMouse

Inkling Cadet
NNID
TheSpeedyMouse
I'm trying to watch as little Splatoon content as possible right now so I don't spoil myself too much. :p

Nin☆Jun

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Dantel
I love how the MC kept falling into the water, now we know Inklings are terrible at swiming in real water.

StarKun

Full Squid
I love watching them play, but it's basically them playing the same game we've been watching for a while. Though it is nice to see that mall stage in action.

itisRag

NNID
itisrag
Some footage of Day 2 is up on youtube.

The first set of matches with the MC playing were pretty fun to watch. Even though he was getting splatted left and right by the other team, he carried hard by leading a push into the enemy half of the map in the last minute and inking up their base.
Perfect, I missed about the first two hours of the second day. Thanks for sharing this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom