Splatoon Miiverse Community

Glottis

Inkster Jr.
Anybody else a little frustrated that there isn't a Splatoon Miiverse page yet?
Smash got one before the release of the game, as did some other games if i recall correctly.
Why not Splatoon, Nintendo?

And i know there is always this forum to discuss the game, but i really like Miiverse, and especially how developers pop in every now and again.
You'd think a games as heavily promoted as Splatoon would be a top priority on there.

Also, first post. Hi!

Lyn

Squid Savior From the Future
Premium
Wait, there isn't? I could have sworn there was one. Odd.

Glottis

Inkster Jr.
Wait, there isn't? I could have sworn there was one. Odd.
I've looked for one, but i couldn't find it.
EU btw.
And if there was one, i wouldn't think i'd even have to look for it. A game as big as Splatoon you'd think would be one of the featured ones at the Miiverse start page, right?

Lyn

Squid Savior From the Future
Premium
I've looked for one, but i couldn't find it.
EU btw.
And if there was one, i wouldn't think i'd even have to look for it. A game as big as Splatoon you'd think would be one of the featured ones at the Miiverse start page, right?
Turns out there isn't one in US, either. I'm sure it's the same for JPN. Maybe they want to release the game first? I'm not sure, this does seem very off.

itisRag

friendly neighborhood rag
NNID
itisrag
I think there was a general Smash series community on Miiverse prior to the latest installments being released on 3DS and Wii U due to the fact that there are prior games in the series that users liked to discuss, and because Smash for 3DS and Wii U were personally chosen to be promoted by Sakurai's team on Miiverse prior to their release. There's also a Legend of Zelda series community, so it can be deduced that popular existing series in some cases may warrant their own Miiverse community.

Splatoon is not yet released and has no previous releases. I haven't seen a Miiverse community for any game that has not been released yet until it is released somewhere in the world. For example, when and only when Hyrule Warriors and Bayonetta were released in Japan, their communities on Miiverse opened up. They were just the Japanese communities at first until release in the rest of the world, but anyone in the world on Wii U/3DS can adjust their filters to see communities worldwide and access them at any time as long as they exist.

Glottis

Inkster Jr.
I think there was a general Smash series community on Miiverse prior to the latest installments being released on 3DS and Wii U due to the fact that there are prior games in the series that users liked to discuss, and because Smash for 3DS and Wii U were personally chosen to be promoted by Sakurai's team on Miiverse prior to their release. There's also a Legend of Zelda series community, so it can be deduced that popular existing series in some cases may warrant their own Miiverse community.

Splatoon is not yet released and has no previous releases. I haven't seen a Miiverse community for any game that has not been released yet until it is released somewhere in the world. For example, when and only when Hyrule Warriors and Bayonetta were released in Japan, their communities on Miiverse opened up. They were just the Japanese communities at first until release in the rest of the world, but anyone in the world on Wii U/3DS can adjust their filters to see communities worldwide and access them at any time as long as they exist.
Hmm, that would make sense.

Still, it feels like a missed opportunity to drum up even more hype surrounding the game. Especially considering how successful the Testfire was.
Not everybody goes looking for forums to discuss the game at, but having a Miiverse community set up beforehand would have given them a place right on the console to interact with other equally excited fans.

Oh well...

Last edited:

Jaded Alyx

Inkling
NNID
Jaded_Alyx
I haven't seen a Miiverse community for any game that has not been released yet until it is released somewhere in the world.
A couple games have had Miiverse Communities open up early. The first and most notable was Disney Infinity if I recall correctly.

RedML51

Senior Squid
NNID
RedML51
Cool, Splatoon community!

So but if you went to those peoples' profiles, couldn't you click the Splatoon icon in their posts to get to the community...?

Well whatever, they need to add it to the Miiverse home in time for the testfire encore!

AceArcherArcane

Inkling
I've already looked through all the posts on there. A few small things have been confirmed with screen shots and theres some more screen shots of characters and scrolls too. You can't post anything unless you've got the game already though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom