• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Splatoon - Naughty ledge jump glitch (Arowana Mall)

Ars Nova

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
creed32
Switch Friend Code
SW-5634-9921-9888
Oh I gotta learn to do this before they patch it.

ndayadn

yeah
NNID
Seabass
I assume you have to aim directly at the corner and clip through with the squid.

Summer1401

Full Squid
NNID
Litaker
they are not actually clipping but "jumping" around the pipe by changing which wall they are climbing to get out of the ink and around the pipe. ( either that or switching to a kid. It's a bit hard to tell with this video which thing they do)

tene_sicarius

Full Squid
NNID
TeneBrisSicarius
I did a bit of testing. Its tricky, difficult to perform, and unlikely to be done in a real match. This could be game changing for tournaments, or with hours of practice knowing exactly where to jump it can be more conventional. I still don't know exactly where to jump from, but I have a general idea of where to aim it. Aim at the right wall on the corner, then mash jump and go left as soon as you hit the wall. Jumping is key, because it pushes you up faster than the wall can detect your placement, and it puts you enough distance away from the beam for the hitbox not to knock you back. I usually end up just falling off the wall, but a few times I made it up. One time with ninja squid, and the rest with max swim speed. Ninja squid is even more picky, but not impossible.

Its just a programming oversight, not really clipping. The bar or the corner isn't wide enough to cover the entire area you can swim up. I think its more like the Camp Triggerfish bridge jump than anything else; just a creative way around a wall that the programmers didn't think to check in such a specific way.

Agosta44

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Agosta
I had figured out the easy method last night and how the clip works. Basically when you jump, you want your head pressing into the pipe at the apex. When you start to slowdown, you turn into squid form. I'm guessing this works because the squid form begins somewhere around the head of the character model, so you're taking priority to the ink above the boundary instead of below it.

You're basically abusing how ink/squid/boundaries interact, like how you can perform the Triggerfish gap jump.

River09

Inkling Cadet
NNID
King_Felix
It's probably not going to be absolutely game changing but still cool regardless. Kudos to whoever found out.

Dreamy Luigi

Inkling Cadet
NNID
DreamyZack
Just happened to me in a Random WW, wasn't game changing but only because it happened at the end. Disgusting.

I know it's cool and all but this is online and I don't like cheaters.

tene_sicarius

Full Squid
NNID
TeneBrisSicarius
Just happened to me in a Random WW, wasn't game changing but only because it happened at the end. Disgusting.

I know it's cool and all but this is online and I don't like cheaters.
It just makes sniping more difficult because you have to pay attention to the minimap. It goes from arowana mall being an automatic win for whoever camps the hardest to actually requiring a bit of skill to snipe effectively. I will say this though; a sniper on that part of the map in the enemy base will spawn camp. Other than that, its nice to see something that rewards a bit of skill and practice. Plus the person is vulnerable coming up, an easy target if you notice someone going for it a lot.

TheMH

Inkling Commander
NNID
The_MH
I think Nintendo shouldn't patch this. It's a nice little trick and not too hard to do.

Calamari

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Toowrighteous
I've actually encounter a roller user trying to do this trick yesterday. But I've took her out as I snuck up behind her.
Was it a Carbon Roller? If so, it might've been me, hehe...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom