Splatoon needs some fixes..

Elecmaw

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Switch Friend Code
SW-3466-8927-7969
I've seen this topic fly by several times and yet i keep agreeing with them. This game DOES need a regional-only mode.

LMG

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I don't really mind as long as I get to play the game. Also, for some odd reason I get more disconnections during Splatfests than when I'm playing with people overseas o_O

KarubanBeika

Inkling
NNID
KarubanBeika
They did add squad battles not too long ago (which is also kinda in Mario Kart as a friends mode). Maybe they'll add regional battles soon? (Hopefully at least)

1o2

Inkling Cadet
Honestly at the higher ranks I'd say regional match making would significantly increase the match making time for higher ranked players. I genuinely think that there are just a much higher amount of Japanese players at A+/S than American players. On my alt account I barely see Japanese players in the C's and B's, even though I'd play at a time when I'd normally get Asians on my main acc. It's more of an average skill problem than a match making problem in terms of all the Japanese players you get in lobbies.

But yes we do need regional matchmaking....

missingno

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Pronouns
he/him
NNID
missingno
Switch Friend Code
SW-6539-1393-3018
I really don't understand why this isn't an option. Does Nintendo just not know what ping is?

Elecmaw

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Switch Friend Code
SW-3466-8927-7969
Honestly at the higher ranks I'd say regional match making would significantly increase the match making time for higher ranked players. I genuinely think that there are just a much higher amount of Japanese players at A+/S than American players. On my alt account I barely see Japanese players in the C's and B's, even though I'd play at a time when I'd normally get Asians on my main acc. It's more of an average skill problem than a match making problem in terms of all the Japanese players you get in lobbies.

But yes we do need regional matchmaking....
I personally don't think this has to do with the JP people being inherently better but that people in rank C and B are a lot more common than people with A and S ranks. I'd guess that the matchmaking system first tries to find people closest to you ASAP, and if it can't get them it'll move on to JP players.

I wouldn't mind if matchmaking takes a bit longer for it to find suitable players, a while ago the JP splatfest locked all JP players from global play it only took a few seconds longer to get a match going.

TheMH

Inkling Commander
NNID
The_MH
Japanese splatfests are the best proof to show that regional matchmaking would work just well. Yeah, you can argue the playerbase might get smaller over time, but that's not really a profound statement considering how well Splatoon is still selling.

Zombie Aladdin

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Overhazard
Mario Kart 8 has both regional and worldwide matchmaking; you're allowed to choose between them. There hasn't been a problem there.

In addition, looking at weekly sales charts, about 20,000 more people buy a new copy of Splatoon each week in Japan. That means that there would be, at minimum, about 20,000 Japanese rookies playing the game at a time. I don't think they can all reach S rank in a week. (Unless they're completely obsessed with the game.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom