• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Splatoon News Update: Art Contest And Inkoming Weapons!

SmashCapps

Senior Squid
NNID
Quixzen
Hey there squids and kids it's time for another news update! A lot has been happening in the world of Splatoon and the creators have been working non stop to keep things seriously fresh. So let's get those inklings here on Squidboards up to date with the latest news!

To begin, details for the Splatoon Art Academy Contest have been announced! With Splatoon selling over 1 million units as well as the recent passing of Satoru Iwata, this art contest was announced to spotlight the artistic fans of Splatoon as well as have some fun on the newly redesigned Miiverse.

"Mr. Iwata’s passing was an extremely painful time for all of us, but I feel like it’s our duty to carry on making Miiverse a fun and awesome place so we can keep his spirit alive.” - MariChan​

The full details on the contest can be found on the official Miiverse post. The general guidelines for the contest are:
  • Pictures must have a Splatoon theme
  • Pictures must be drawn using Art Academy
  • One entry per person
  • Submissions must be shared on the official Miiverse post
The contest will accept entries from now through August 23rd OR when there are 1000 total entries so if any of those artistic types reading want to participate be sure to enter as soon as possible!

Inkoming Weapons: The Range Blaster and the Inkbrush Nouveau! The Inkbrush Noveau comes equipped with an Ink Mine for its sub weapon and the Bubbler for its special while the Range Blaster comes with a Splash wall and the deadly Ink Strike. Be sure to check on Splatoon at the usual times and try out these new weapons!

Hopefully this now has all them squids and kids in the know! Want to always see the latest on Splatoon news? Then be sure to stay tuned to Squidboards and don't forget to stay fresh!

River09

Inkling Cadet
NNID
King_Felix
Whilst I am rubbish at drawing on the gamepad (how on Earth are people so good?) I am looking forward to all the great artwork... and memes. So many memes.

Mrwhatzitooya

Pro Squid
A new inkbrush! Awesome :D I've been waiting eagerly for a brush with mines/bombs, so i'll be looking forward to giving it a swish!

Reactions: Das

ThatSquidYouKnow

Inkling Commander
NNID
link12014
Switch Friend Code
SW-0194-3194-0146
Range blaster sounds good, especially on Splat Zones Port Mackarel. Looking forward to it.
(Sorry if I spelled Mackarel wrong.)

SquiliamTentacles

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Mr_Squigggles
Range Blaster is going to kill in Tower Controll.

Mines are underwhelming, but a Inkbrush with Bubbler sounds good.

Joseph Staleknight

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
JStaleknight
Switch Friend Code
SW-1169-3473-1031
You know, for along time I thought the Range Blaster looked way too similar to the Regular/Custom Blaster, even getting past the intentionally similar paint job on both types. I still remember mistaking one for the other and fearing they released it early without warning us! Ah well, at least we get to have it at last, not that I'd use it personally.

Anyway, the Inkbrush Nouveau sounds like a neat weapon to try out! I wonder how it'll fare with its Ink Mines and Bubbler compared to the original.

As for the Art Academy contest, I unfortunately don't have that game so unless I ever decide to buy it I'll have to skip that one.

Sol64

The RNG God of /r/Splatoon
Inkbrush with the bubbler will be SURPRISINGLY annoying to fight.

JRT Koopa

Inkster Jr.
The Range Blaster looks great to use with the Inkstrike special. However, Inkbrush + Bubbler = Inkredible Brushing Combo!

Das

Inkster Jr.
NNID
DasIsKing
Hmmmm, I'm having troubles finding a way to post my art from Art Academy into the MiiVerse. Anyone have any suggestions?

Gamer_The_Spirit

Inkster Jr.
NNID
theBHDnetwork
>not even touching on the new splatfest. Ok I hate to be that nitpick sort of guy. But smashcapps seems to be touch and go on some of these. Like he'll skip some updates and not mention some weapons, I'm sure there are some examples you guys can think of as well as me. But it seems like he's not really touching base and covering as much ground. If you'll excuse the term, as what would be expected if this was someone's source of update news for the game. Now I understand maybe he's busy and maybe he's got other things going on, but a simple "where's what's new to keep you fresh and up to date" would suffice. Doesn't even have to be a full post just a little snippet. Now don't get me wrong I'm not being mean. I'm just saying things could be covered a bit more than what they are.

Nukichuu

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Nukikero
I will try to draw something but idk if i will make it fast enough since im slow af at drawing

Marigi174

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Marigi174
iirc if you shoot a bubbler it pushes them back. For the inkbrush user, this may make it annoying to get into splat range. However, I like the supportive functionality that you get from the ability to pass it to all teammates assuming they are moderately spaced from one another due to the insane movement speed. For a weapon like the inkbrush, Ink Mines feel like a direct downgrade from the sprinklers as part of what makes the original inkbrush threatening is its ability to create offensive pressure over ledges or spread ink insanely fast with it while also being threatening due to how quickly it can dash in and out of enemy territory allowing it to quickly splat someone and return to safety.

I hate blasters, so I won't use the ranged blaster.

xnox

Inkling
NNID
teinus
just waiting for Ika to come in and wreck anyone who thought they had a chance at the art contest lol
her stuff is amazing, especially for that tiny *** gamepad screen

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom