Splatoon on Metacritic

Trieste Sp

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
As expected the reviews are generally positive. With some people who absolutely loved it to people who are a bit disappointed.

RamOne

Inkling
IGN reviews differ. The Benelux one is 7.3, the Italian one is 8.2 and the Portuguese one is 9.3. I wonder why they differ so much...

Terabyte

Inkling Commander
NNID
PokeBoy99
88 is a good score, I imagine it will rise once the game comes out officially. I'm excited to see IGN's score as well.

MaikoRules

Full Squid
NNID
MaikoRules
well it looks like my feeling of 8.5/10 will be about right

this game will certainly get better with time since there's really no end to the stuff nintendo can add

FuncDetail

Inkster Jr.
NNID
FuncDetail
IGN's in-progress review seems to have lots of positive things about the game, specially the original gameplay.
I'm not that worried about their final score.

suavevillain

Inkling Cadet
It is crazy some of the reviews ignore the issues of the game. How can a game where you have to wait 3 months to party with friends and for more game mode variety get 9/10 also you still gotta power off a console exit a lobby.

Reila

Inkling Fleet Admiral
It is crazy some of the reviews ignore the issues of the game. How can a game where you have to wait 3 months to party with friends and for more game mode variety get 9/10 also you still gotta power off a console exit a lobby.
But you can party with your friends in the initial release. Also, fyi what you consider a problem might not be a problem to others.

suavevillain

Inkling Cadet
But you can party with your friends in the initial release. Also, fyi what you consider a problem might not be a problem to others.
Alot of reviewers mentioned these issues but still gave it 9/10 and that is pretty obvious. I think having to hard reset your consoles a universal problem for all consumers.

Hope

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Agrexis
Because it's their opinion obviously. Reviews are always subjective, not objective. (even so, objectively the goods outweigh the bads by a lot so idk why you're upset)

suavevillain

Inkling Cadet
Because it's their opinion obviously. Reviews are always subjective, not objective. (even so, objectively the goods outweigh the bads by a lot so idk why you're upset)
I don't like seeing people give nintendo a pass like that nintendo releasing a incomplete game getting a new 9/10 is wrong. But yeah just not gonna trust those sites.

zmop

Inkling Cadet
NNID
zorgmop
an 88 from metacritic is way more than what i expected from them. i don't ever base any decision to play or not to play off their reviews (because things they have rated high i did not agree with personally.) but i know a large percentage of people get all star trek up on the internet cuz they klingon to metacritics #s like they are the absolute word.

Hope

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Agrexis
I don't like seeing people give nintendo a pass like that nintendo releasing a incomplete game getting a new 9/10 is wrong. But yeah just not gonna trust those sites.
Good for you. Other people think that it's fine because it's going to be updated for free constantly during the summer so it isn't really worth having a cow over since everything else is solid. (aside from a few online functionality gripes) [also a game that constantly gets updates is never "complete"]

suavevillain

Inkling Cadet
Good for you. Other people think that it's fine because it's going to be updated for free constantly during the summer so it isn't really worth having a cow over since everything else is solid. (aside from a few online functionality gripes) [also a game that constantly gets updates is never "complete"]
I'm not having a cow over anything just a different perspective and set of expectations for a company that is over 100 years old.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom