• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Splatoon Q&A!

TheSpeedyMouse

Inkling Cadet
NNID
TheSpeedyMouse

To all those people who said gear will be gender specific; I told you so! It makes sense that it isn't as you can change your Inkling's gender any time you are in the plaza so it wouldn't make sense if it suddenly forced you to change your gear.

Also your Inkling's color is based on whatever it was last. I'm still not sure what determines the Inklings' color that appear in your plaza, though maybe it is what they were currently when you entered the plaza. Also I didn't really get that whole "color lock feature" but we'll find out soon enough.

According to a comment he posted in the comment section, 5-7 hours is the single-player campaign's length when you AREN'T going for 100%. 100% could be a few hours more. Also the boss levels don't have scrolls so that means that there are 27 non-boss levels.

Gear perks also stack!

And sadly, you can only have one Inkling per account. So when ever you want to change your Inkling's gear, gender, eye color, and skin color you have to do it manually. ;)

And that's pretty much all the major news. What are all of your thoughts on this?

RotomGuy

Inkling Cadet
NNID
RotomGuy
I'm hyped about stacking perks. That means I can create a super-speed Inkling.

What worried me though was that he said a dozen items per shop. That's awfully low. 36 pieces of clothing overall? Eek.

Nukichuu

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Nukikero
I checked GameXPlains channel so often today cause i was waiting for this video xD

Deku

Senior Squid
NNID
Rolandd
If clothing isn't gender specific, how does the girl amiibo outfit work out?

StarHunter789

Pro Squid
NNID
Linestar777
If clothing isn't gender specific, how does the girl amiibo outfit work out?
It's not gender-specific because you can freely change your Inkling's gender freely. I believe girl's clothes can only be worn by girls and guy's clothes can only be worn by guys, but you have to change to that gender to wear the clothes.

Zoot

Inkling Commander
NNID
IveGotAMegaphone
Bumper you can't customize weapon sets. :(
This is a good thing! It makes sure every weapon set is balanced, so that there isn't one weapon/sub/special combination that destroys the rest. The Roller with the Bubbler is a good example of this - that would be unstoppable.

TheSpeedyMouse

Inkling Cadet
NNID
TheSpeedyMouse
What do you guys not get that the clothes aren't gender specific? He means that there are no variants and so the Inkling's gender doesn't matter. However he hasn't gotten his Splatoon amiibos yet so if it is different with those then he wouldn't know. But I think it is unlikely. It's a video game; do you really care if you see the boy Inklings wearing the school girl outfit?

To @RotomGuy: He said at least a dozen, so probably there is a little more than that. Remember that the shops change what they are selling daily. You need to be connected to the internet whenever you purchase something also as they will keep constantly updating the shops. The number he gave is the amount at launch. I bet by the end of the summer there will be WAY more gear. :)

Aegis

Senior Squid
NNID
ritzumii
I just wish there were more eye colors honestly. I was hoping to hear something like "You'll have more customization options in the plaza hub after a certain level" but I didn't get my hopes up so at the very least Im not disappointed.

Agosta44

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Agosta
This is a good thing! It makes sure every weapon set is balanced, so that there isn't one weapon/sub/special combination that destroys the rest. The Roller with the Bubbler is a good example of this - that would be unstoppable.
AFAIK Kraken is part of a roller set and it's basically a souped up version of Bubbler sans giving to teammates.

WaifuRaccoonBL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I unfortunately don't want to watch this due to spoilers, but with that said from the bits and pieces I heard around here, everything seems pretty good.

° Moteki

¤MÆL°
NNID
Shoctopus
This is awesome. I was also sad about the preset kit thing BUT I see why Nintendo decided to do this, so I ain't even mad. Though I do need to make some cutbacks on what I decided on already...think i'll try to main the Classic Squiffer and Jet squelcher. Whatever else it comes with i'll just have to deal with. Thanks for posting!

......I'm more interested on the gear ability stacking information that'll he'll be covering later.

Blooper

Inkling
NNID
ArcanineTrainer
This is great news! Originally I was bummed out that maybe some gear might be exclusive to one gender (like what the amiibo unlock)

Pivi

Inkling Cadet
NNID
HeroPivi
I wonder if there's a cap when it comes to perk buffs? If someone had 12+ Inkling speed they would be rolling around at the speed of sound

got places to go gotta fOLLOW MY rAINBOW

Agosta44

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Agosta
Skills will most likely have diminishing returns after x amount. IIRC main slot skills are more powerful than sub skills, so stacking them might max out after equaling the power of a main skill. We'll see.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom