• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

splatoon starting to suck

Airi

Inkling Commander
NNID
radiorabbits
Although with the Inkbrush it's ALWAYS running, I've never managed to fend it off like I have before with the Octobrush.
It's significantly harder to fend off a Kraken with the Inkbrush. It's not powerful enough to directly fend it off in most cases and they'll just swerve to get you. So it requires some circling the Kraken but that can be super dangerous for an Inkbrush.... So it's just easier to run away. :P It's kind of funny actually rolling with the Inkbrush and watching the Kraken chase me because they think they can catch up. x) Even with stacked Swim Speeds, Inkbrushes still run faster than the Kraken can swim. :P I've fended off a Kraken in ranked before with an Inkbrush when there was no option to run but it's usually just better to run. :v

G1ng3rGar1

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Switch Friend Code
SW-7732-8500-1233
more new weapons with kraken , i hate when i get the jump on someone only for them to turn into a kraken and kill me . it was bad enough with cheap rollers that don't even have to aim to get a kill . more and more i am getting bored with this game . adding more rollers and more krakens just made it worse for me . i don't know how many times i avoid a kraken only to die any ways . i don't mind battling with them normally but when you shoot someone and they hit there special to avoid dieing seems pretty cheap . it was bad enough before with snipers and rollers but now every one has a kraken . i am already looking for a new game to play in my spare time . i really like the shooter style of this game but all the cheap specials are getting old fast .

spent the last 4-5 months leveling to 50 s rank and collecting gear . now they roll out even more cheap stuff , getting so old .
I tend to use Krakens like a panic button/let's go after this dude (I'm new to Krakens, so sorry). Also, Rollers now have to aim the middle of the roller at someone to splat. It's been like this for some time. And don't worry, after a week or so, the influx(I hope I'm using this word right) of new weapons will die down. The weapons find their place, and Splatoon marches on. But if you think you need a break, then take a break, and come back later.
The Inkbrush and the Aerospray are the only two weapons that have a huge problem dealing with the Kraken, mostly because they are so short ranged/weak you are forced to go right up to them to splat, leaving absolutely no time to attempt to run or push back if they activate Kraken (or Bubbler). This is especially true if they are lagging so the moment you hear the activation noise it is already too late. So if you use those two weapons then I kind of agree that the Kraken is kind of unfair.

For everything else there is always time to run, push it back, or kill so quickly they won't have time to activate Kraken.
I once defeated a Kraken with an Aero ;) I was so scared when it happened.
You got to S rank but you think Kraken is cheap? lolol. At this rank I'd think lag would be a bigger issue.

Also, at the beginning you can see if the opponent weapons have Krakens, so it shouldn't always come as a big shocker. The moment I hear the ding I start swimming away or firing at that monster to make him back up. Sometimes I mess up but most times the Kraken just runs away pathetically, unable to do anything. In fact once he returns to squid form he's usually dead meat if he pushed too far. Basically a waste lol.

It is unfortunate when your team gets Kraken wiped from behind (even I get a bit salty when this happens), but these things are certainly avoidable. Watching out for flanks is critical in high level play. Also, once you see a Kraken you can have your own bubble ready, or heck, you can even just use your own Kraken and unleash it right after his. Not many people run SDU so he's likely to run away.

The new aero meme is honestly crap imo (except in turf wars), and though the new nzap is pretty good I have not seen a lot of people (if any) dominate with this thing.

Finally, a new tactic I've been using is to kill before they have time to charge their special. Not everyone inks random turf to build their special so if you pick them off quickly they won't even have enough special to unleash it. Stealth Jump Krakens are kinda annoying but if you've seen once during the match you shouldn't fall for it anymore, it's just a "works once in a while" gimmick.

So basically no I don't think Kraken is too cheap as of right now. Laggy dynamos > kraken. Laggy krakens can be kinda bad too though I have to admit. You have to give lots of extra space in those cases.
As soon as I hear that Kraken noise I go squid and stay there for a bit until they swim away. Usually they don't see me, but when they do(and splat me), I get mad at myself for not super jumping back to base.
If you use Kraken as well, unleash your Kraken after someone else. You're more likely to win. I once used my Kraken and someone did it right after me. I ran away from there XD
Watch me dominate with those two on Saturday *fails miserably*
Laggy rollers/brushes are the worst.

BUuttttt What I'm saying is (ish) take a break and come back. Most Krakens are around right now because of the new weapons.

Diogo

Inkster Jr.
NNID
supercanito
i always use the kraken with my hs deco however now i am on the new remix so without kraken. i dont fear them and never had nightmares with them, particulary now that a lot of kraken newbies arent yet used to it. people who fear kraken instead of blame the game or the weather or whatever should git gud and the best way to do it is not apart from splatoon, is to be one more kraken, know the beast, his power and his defects. a lot of us will love to trick you kraken and then you will learn.

G

girigiriHERO

i always use the kraken with my hs deco however now i am on the new remix so without kraken. i dont fear them and never had nightmares with them, particulary now that a lot of kraken newbies arent yet used to it. people who fear kraken instead of blame the game or the weather or whatever should git gud and the best way to do it is not apart from splatoon, is to be one more kraken, know the beast, his power and his defects. a lot of us will love to trick you kraken and then you will learn.
The weather always makes me lose in Ranked, damn rain! (´Д`)

Nebbyla

Inkling
Krakens can be dealt with by shooting them with a weapon that will knock them back enough times for them to not be able to actually get you, like the Bubbler. The Splatlings are pretty good for this. Even guns like the Splash-O-Matic and the Splattershots. I think Blasters too? Normally guns with good range and knockback delivery to the Kraken. Or to walk on an area where in squid form you would fall through (if they don't know the "Mesh Jumping" method or don't execute it properly you don't have to worry)
The more Krakens as you say, the more people will adapt, so in the future they won't be so much as a threat to you.
Either this or I just suck with Kraken. ;;

birdiebee

Inkling Commander
NNID
birdiebee
The weather always makes me lose in Ranked, damn rain! (´Д`)
@Spiderface this is actually you though except its direct sunlight LOLOLL

I once defeated a Kraken with an Aero ;) I was so scared when it happened.
I am also a tad confused by the claim that Aero have a hard time dealing with Krakens, though. Their fire rate makes it difficult for the Kraken to get close enough to splat you. I mean its not as easy as with a Splattershot or Splash/Sploosh but its still easier than slow fire rate weapons imo

As soon as I hear that Kraken noise I go squid and stay there for a bit until they swim away. Usually they don't see me, but when they do(and splat me), I get mad at myself for not super jumping back to base.
Its so worth the risk of getting splatted though because the satisfaction of murdering a clueless squid post-Kraken who failed to hunt you down far outweighs the embarassment of a predictable Kraken splat. haha

Nero86

Inkling Cadet
NNID
nero86
I do love attacking Post-Kraken Inklings ;)
Using Kraken I avoid pursuiting the same squid for more than 1~2 seconds, if it outspeeds or hides too well I change my target. If I'm going to die as post Kraken, I try to make a super jump and run away, no honor damaged on this lol

Lyn

Squid Savior From the Future
Premium
Nothing about the game has really changed, sorry. The game doesn't have a lot of variety in gameplay, so you could just be getting bored.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom