Splatoon Sub-Weapon Community Rankings

Average

Inkling
NNID
Shane_MK8
(This poll isn't mine, I'm just posting it here because OP doesn't have a squidboards account)

The idea is simple - you go into this form, fill in the table ranking each sub weapon from #1 (best) to #10 (worst), and then you're basically done - I've added a few extra optional questions as the end for comparison purpose to see if the communities you're active in, your level and/or your rank affect your views.
-r/Splatoon OP, Tables61

Remember, 1 is the highest rank and 10 is the lowest.

SquiliamTentacles

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Mr_Squigggles
Why didn't you just make a poll in the thread? Then the optional things could just be replies :/
You can not give multiple answers in a poll, as you would only be able to choose a best/worst rather than a numerical viability order.

1o2

Inkling Cadet
I'd say :splashwall: is still the best, with :burstbomb: being a very close second. :inkmine: or :seeker: has to be the worst imo. Both are incredibly easy to avoid, seekers especially (not including Seeker rush).

I'd say :squidbeacon: is the worst.
Honestly I have to firmly disagree with this one. Beacons in any gamemode is one of the greatest assets for a team on offense, especially on Tower Control and Rainmaker. With well placed beacons it can be nearly impossible to stop an onslaught of offensive pressure when you're stuck in spawn.

Zolda

Full Squid
:splashwall: nerfs though
The nerf really didn't hurt the Splash Wall that much, it's still a very powerful sub. Its lower durability isn't much of an issue because ideally it will serve its purpose quickly. If you're in a tough spot and need to use it to make a quick escape, you should be long gone by the time they break it down. If you use it offensively, you should be able to kill the opponent quickly from behind it and if not, there's a good chance the wall made them back off and give you time to either chase or retreat. Basically, however you use it, that use should be quick enough that by the time it gets broken, even with the lower durability, it already served its purpose.

The increased delay in ink recovery was the bigger nerf for the Wall, but that can still be mitigated by adding more Ink Saver gear. Ultimately, the nerfs to the Wall weren't significant enough to stop it from still being one of the best subs in the game.

Tables

Inkster Jr.
Results here, for those who would like to see them.

Also included is a link to the raw data, for those interested in seeing that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom