• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Splatoon: the worst matchmaking ever invented?

Las7

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Las7man
Every multiplayer game I've ever played has the WORST MATCHMAKING of all time while i'm on a loosing streak ;) Dota 2 and Splatoon are especially notorious for their matchmaking being rigged against me

Of Moose & Men

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
MuhFugginMoose
Lol, the thing is, Splatoon is not like C.O.D, and all the regurgitated trash that has been coming out recently, it is extremely team heavy. You cannot just go out, get kills and ink the floor and think that everything is all just fine. You absolutely HAVE to look out for your teammates, because if someone dies, and you just go on about your merry way, that is an opening anyone worth their salt is going to take advantage of. Now, yes, sometimes you get a pretty bad match, such as being on a team with 3 chargers and a single roller, it sucks, but it's likely to only happen a few times throughout the day. And, as far as unranked matches go, you're not going to come across some godlike team made up of a bunch of S+ pros that are going to welcome you into their numbers. Children play this game too, regardless of how often we may forget this. However, losing 24 times in a row on 24 different teams comprised of a moderate amount of randomly selected players seems to have one common denominator. . . I'll be a little more subtle than everyone with their "git gud". :]

Point is, learn to support your team, because yea, you got 1200p, but the guys that got 700-600p weren't getting any of your support, clearly, and were likely getting killed, ganged up on, and is likely the reason you lost. Don't get me wrong, there are times where you'll get a crappy match up, which is likely to happen in any online shooter. however, blaming it on your entire 24 losing streak on entirely different randomly selected players seems a bit far-fetched. And from the outside looking in, seems to be pointing to you.

EDIT: Also, make friends that seemingly know how to play the game, and you'll have even less to blame your losses on. :]

pooplooser

Full Squid
Lol, the thing is, Splatoon is not like C.O.D, and all the regurgitated trash that has been coming out recently, it is extremely team heavy. You cannot just go out, get kills and ink the floor and think that everything is all just fine. You absolutely HAVE to look out for your teammates, because if someone dies, and you just go on about your merry way, that is an opening anyone worth their salt is going to take advantage of. Now, yes, sometimes you get a pretty bad match, such as being on a team with 3 chargers and a single roller, it sucks, but it's likely to only happen a few times throughout the day. And, as far as unranked matches go, you're not going to come across some godlike team made up of a bunch of S+ pros that are going to welcome you into their numbers. Children play this game too, regardless of how often we may forget this. However, losing 24 times in a row on 24 different teams comprised of a moderate amount of randomly selected players seems to have one common denominator. . . I'll be a little more subtle than everyone with their "git gud". :]

Point is, learn to support your team, because yea, you got 1200p, but the guys that got 700-600p weren't getting any of your support, clearly, and were likely getting killed, ganged up on, and is likely the reason you lost. Don't get me wrong, there are times where you'll get a crappy match up, which is likely to happen in any online shooter. however, blaming it on your entire 24 losing streak on entirely different randomly selected players seems a bit far-fetched. And from the outside looking in, seems to be pointing to you.

EDIT: Also, make friends that seemingly know how to play the game, and you'll have even less to blame your losses on. :]
I grind 30 hours a week and feel little to no improvement. A good tip I can give is that anger can severely impact your decisions and become wayyy to anxious to get revenge. Take breaks when your head seems to catch fire.

azuhoshi

Inkster Jr.
NNID
air.conditioner
When I first reached B-, it was absolute hell. Everytime I played, I would reach at least over 70-80 rank points, but then every game after that I lost terribly, and I almost got bumped down to C+. I took a break whenever I got lower than 30 rank points, which helped, but then the cycle of winning and losing continued for an entire month. But that was before the update!

I found that a good friend of mine also had Splatoon, and once the update came, we made a twin squad, and I got back on track to B, B+ and then finally A-, where I am now. What I learned in the process was that it definitely helps to have a good partner - especially one you can contact easily.

Turf Wars are fine for me, because I'm strong with the brush-type weapons and can carry a team of under-level-20s with moderate ease, unless they have absolutely no idea what they're doing (and/or don't use my goddamn beacons!!).

pooplooser

Full Squid
I guess I can't really diagnose if it's that I just really suck or it's my teams? Maybe I will upload video footage soon and someone can analyze it...
I got footage. http://www.zippcast.com/video/ce552bc2baf8fc60146
*edit*
Keep in mind this gameplay footage was A LONG time ago, and in no way, shape, and form believe the Octobrush is worthy anymore. At least for super duper competitive.

Last edited:

pooplooser

Full Squid
I can't get the video to load
Sorry Zippcast sucks.
Here:
I just reached S today with the Tentatek Splattershot. Was able to maintain it for about 9 matches before I got booted to the bed. (My father is a sleep nazi)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom