Splatoon Tips and Tricks social thread.

Mr.HawK

The Artist
Hi there. Down below I've listed some interesting things about the game that some players might deem useful. If you have anything else to add to this list please put it in the comments​

Here are some little details that some people may already know but probably don't know how to explain it well.
  • Gravity effect

• Some weapons can actually damage you without directly hitting you head on

• The hit box on the ammo that is fired does not stay within the target range, instead it stays with the ink itself, it can actually hit someone who is not lined up with the reticle

• When shooting upwards the falling ink can do a small amount of damage to you if you are right underneath the line of fire

• Roller splashes and blaster shots are a great example of this technique

• Special hit boxes

• Some weapons don't shoot in a straight line, in fact they can shoot in three different directions but it is random

• weapons that have special hit boxes are:

• Splattershot

• Splattershot Jr

• Aerospray

• N-zap ‘85

• Blaster

• Rapid Blaster

• Any roller

• walking on another teams ink

• Did you know that Nintendo left a little important detail about walking on another teams ink?

• The other teams ink DOES NOT just slow you down immensely, but it actually weakens you to the point of getting yourself splatted in ONE-TWO HITS with any weapon.

• Think about it like this, have you ever played call of duty? do you remember the red shading on the side of your screen that showed how likely you are to getting killed? well…. the same thing actually sorta happens in this game, except it’s only when walking in their ink.

• so as a reminder make sure you avoid the other teams ink AT ALL COSTS

• Great use for each type of weapon
    • each weapon in the game is very different from one another, so that leads us to believe that they all serve different functions. I've split each weapon up into three different groups, ground weapons (for turf covering), offense, and defense. There are some weapons that fit in multiple groups.
    • Ground (turf coverage)
      • Splattershot
      • Splattershot jr
      • Aerospray
      • N-zap '85
      • Both Squelchers
      • Both rollers
    • Offense
      • Splattershot pro
      • Both Squelchers
      • Rapid Blaster
      • Blaster
      • Inkbrush (mostly evasion)
    • Defense (protecting certain areas on the map as well as your team)
      • .52 gal
      • .96 gal
      • Any sniper class weapon
      • Aerospray
      • Splattershot pro

• Abilities and perks

• Defense and offensive power ups

• the defense and offense badges actually do help you in the course of battle however they only increase your stats by a small amount

• both badges increase your stats from 1 to even 30 depending on which weapon is shooting or hitting you

• here's a data sheet that accurately lists out the damage each weapon does and what the defense perks do against them: (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-1NO9ylf81wyscIwQQVONb0osKob_4QzxjVnMb7_7SU/edit#gid=0)

• the offense perks do the exact same as the defensive perks. meaning they only increase your strength by a certain amount depending on your weapon of choice

• I don’t exactly know how the speed perks work and if I get enough of them I’ll test them out with a stop watch

• I'll also try to find out how much time it takes to splat someone with each weapon

Lyn

Squid Savior From the Future
Premium
Very good stuff! I've noticed a lot of people miss the area around the spawn.

M4SKEDM4RVEL

Inkling
NNID
M4SKEDM4RVEL
I have found that sometimes people get too caught up in inking their own area right away. I ink on my way to the middle of the map and try to get that quickly and then my teams area will get inked as people respawn and stuff. I've caught myself yelling at my teammates for spending too much time inking our area at the start of the round.

Mr.HawK

The Artist
I have found that sometimes people get too caught up in inking their own area right away. I ink on my way to the middle of the map and try to get that quickly and then my teams area will get inked as people respawn and stuff. I've caught myself yelling at my teammates for spending too much time inking our area at the start of the round.
Best course of action to take is make sure your base area is covered, you will lose drastically if you dont cover it. That is unless they are pushing the othe team then you are fine

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom