• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Splatoon Tower Control Counter Glitch?

Mr_Flapjack

Inkling
I know there are probably a lot of these threads on here, but seriously, in ranked tower control, just after the opposing team reaches about 50 on their tower timer, it suddenly starts going down 5-6 seconds for every one real second. It moves so fast you can't even catch up to it in squid mode!

This is the only way I lose to a to a knockout. Any other time, it goes to points. It's so weird.

Is there something I don't know about, if you paint all the sides of the tower with your ink color does it double speed?

What if you paint the path the tower takes with your ink? Does that speed it up?

Seriously I'm thinking it's more than just a glitch.

Kairo

Pro Squid
NNID
smartmadboy
Never noticed or heard of this honestly.
Are you just saying it goes randomly faster after a certain score?

The only speed changing factor of the tower I am aware of is that the tower moves faster when it goes to where you left off before (no "Danger" on other team at top").

Azza

Pro Squid
NNID
Barricade31
I know there are probably a lot of these threads on here, but seriously, in ranked tower control, just after the opposing team reaches about 50 on their tower timer, it suddenly starts going down 5-6 seconds for every one real second. It moves so fast you can't even catch up to it in squid mode!

This is the only way I lose to a to a knockout. Any other time, it goes to points. It's so weird.

Is there something I don't know about, if you paint all the sides of the tower with your ink color does it double speed?

What if you paint the path the tower takes with your ink? Does that speed it up?

Seriously I'm thinking it's more than just a glitch.
I dont think it's a glitch, though any details you can provide might shed light on it.

I think you are refering to this situation. You are currently winning as you got the tower to 25. Their previous best is 30. Once they get back on the tower the speed is increased until they get to 30, then it will go back to normal speed. If it's in overtime, they will win as soon as they pass your score. Does that sound about right?

TheMH

Inkling Commander
NNID
The_MH
I noticed the tower timer going crazy once, too. I was just for like 6 or 7 units, but they dropped really fast. I think it could be something lag-related as the timer has to be synced for every player.

MissingNumbers

Inkling Commander
NNID
MissingN
Switch Friend Code
SW-4262-2166-2532
You're lagging and the tower was catching up to where it was for everyone else.
This. I think there were at least two situations where it sped up right when I was trying to climb onto it and I fell to my death as a result.

Blue24

Inkling Commander
NNID
bluebomber2425
I had a Splatzone Timer thing in a game. I KNOW for a fact, because I was moving to the area and staring at the clock in overtime. The clock visibly showed that we got the timer to a tie. THEN the timer for our clock went back up by 1 second and it was immediate game over with my team losing. I don't know what caused this outside of maybe lag.

Kairo

Pro Squid
NNID
smartmadboy
I had a Splatzone Timer thing in a game. I KNOW for a fact, because I was moving to the area and staring at the clock in overtime. The clock visibly showed that we got the timer to a tie. THEN the timer for our clock went back up by 1 second and it was immediate game over with my team losing. I don't know what caused this outside of maybe lag.
The number goes up at a tie on the team who is in control unless it shows that you got the lead.

DonkaFjord

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
DonkaFjord
Ties suck because it will let whoever got it first win by adding one to the score, What else can they do though.

Charlight

Meme Spy
It's probably either lag, 4 people standing on the tower or both. (more people standing on tower = tower moves faster, up to 1.75x faster)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom