• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Splatoon Weapon Data

Aerodrome

God of Thunder
Ok so I'm sure you've all seen plenty of these topics, but at this point in time I've decided that since it seems simple enough to do frame data for Splatoon.

I drafted up a page on the Splattershot Jr. for you to look at. Because of how simplistic guns are compared to Smash, I expect this to be quite easy for me to gather.

You can find the link here: http://kuroganehammer.com/Splatoon/Splattershot Jr

If there's enough support from these forums then I'll continue. If not, then I guess I'll keep it to myself and abandon the Splatoon project.

Is there any information you'd like to see included on each page? I would like to hear your thoughts and suggestions.

Fightersword

Good TOs are Capitalists
Super Moderator
NNID
Fightersword
Ok so I'm sure you've all seen plenty of these topics, but at this point in time I've decided that since it seems simple enough to do frame data for Splatoon.

I drafted up a page on the Splattershot Jr. for you to look at. Because of how simplistic guns are compared to Smash, I expect this to be quite easy for me to gather.

You can find the link here: http://kuroganehammer.com/Splatoon/Splattershot Jr

If there's enough support from these forums then I'll continue. If not, then I guess I'll keep it to myself and abandon the Splatoon project.

Is there any information you'd like to see included on each page? I would like to hear your thoughts and suggestions.
more weapons data and also data on movement, squid or transforming related. I'm not too familiar with smash stuff for frame data, except for when I went to check Sm4sh's data and compared it to brawls, but having very precise values to know who would die first in an engagement would be nice assuming both are in optimal range of one another. That and maybe something adjusted for travel time to see how many shots a weapon can get off before its owner is dead, so we can get more math on which weapons will often draw and, in that case, which dies first and the other second and how far apart (splatoon is odd in that the player that dies second is actually worse off).

Basically, more weapons data in general would be great, and any other specifics on movement you want to present. If you want, of course. I'd certainly be interested in seeing it.

Aerodrome

God of Thunder
more weapons data and also data on movement, squid or transforming related. I'm not too familiar with smash stuff for frame data, except for when I went to check Sm4sh's data and compared it to brawls, but having very precise values to know who would die first in an engagement would be nice assuming both are in optimal range of one another. That and maybe something adjusted for travel time to see how many shots a weapon can get off before its owner is dead, so we can get more math on which weapons will often draw and, in that case, which dies first and the other second and how far apart (splatoon is odd in that the player that dies second is actually worse off).

Basically, more weapons data in general would be great, and any other specifics on movement you want to present. If you want, of course. I'd certainly be interested in seeing it.
I'll definitely be getting around to all the weapons, I just quickly drafted up that one so people could see what I meant.

I'm thinking also gun spread range and max range, travel time is also good and probably quite easy to get.

I'm planning on making a inkling vital stat page, we know that HP is 100, but it would be nice to know how long in frames it takes to get from one place to another compared to inkling movement speed if that makes sense.

I'll think about how to implement everything.

Fightersword

Good TOs are Capitalists
Super Moderator
NNID
Fightersword
I'll definitely be getting around to all the weapons, I just quickly drafted up that one so people could see what I meant.

I'm thinking also gun spread range and max range, travel time is also good and probably quite easy to get.

I'm planning on making a inkling vital stat page, we know that HP is 100, but it would be nice to know how long in frames it takes to get from one place to another compared to inkling movement speed if that makes sense.

I'll think about how to implement everything.
cool. well I'd be very interested to see all of that, and I know there are others who would be as well. I would appreciate such a thing if it isn't much trouble. thanks for what you've done so far too, of course, even if only a single example.

Howl

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
SilverHowl
Awesome stuff. Please keep the good work on! I would personally like an accuracy stat list (how much your shot spreads if that makes sense), as well as sub abilities/specials data.

Reila

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Interesting project. It'd be a shame to abandon it.

LancerStaff

Inkling Cadet
When you do Chargers, can you see how long it takes to charge a killing shot instead of just full charge? Right now I'm pretty sure it's just the E-liter without attack ups.

Actually I would like to see how long it takes to kill with different levels of attack ups on Chargers, but that feels like it might be too much work. :oops:

Aerodrome

God of Thunder
@Aerodrome

Can I have permission to use the data you find for my individual weapon threads?

Great work btw.
If you backlink to the page you got the information on in each thread then sure.

Also there's been quite a bit of interest in this, so I'm happy to announce that I will continue.

Things planned:

• Images to beautify the section (if anyone has or knows where to find clean weapon images please PM me)
  • All weapon data including image stills of max damage range and paint spread (accuracy)
  • Main and sub ability guide and data
...............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
I've updated the page to include a couple of pictures.

I'll start gathering data for other weapons starting tomorrow, and I'll post them here with each update.

Last edited by a moderator:

tokyodown

Full Squid
NNID
Tokyodown
A general hub for all this type of information would be great. I've been looking to doing something similar, but in glad to see someone already a step ahead of me.

WispBae

Pro Squid
NNID
The-Wispy
I'd be down to help with pics of each weapon, though it'd be off screen footage... Granted I have a very crisp looking set-up.

Or maybe a streamer could run through them all? Maybe @CoopLan?

Also, maybe show the progession of ink spreading second by second with a gif? Like the N-Zap's spread is pretty tight, but eventually is spreads a little bit, so it'd give people an idea of how the spread is like. Dramatic like the SS Jr or subtle like a Charger.

CoopLan

Squid Streamer
NNID
LanceHS
I'd be down to help with pics of each weapon, though it'd be off screen footage... Granted I have a very crisp looking set-up.

Or maybe a streamer could run through them all? Maybe @CoopLan?

Also, maybe show the progession of ink spreading second by second with a gif? Like the N-Zap's spread is pretty tight, but eventually is spreads a little bit, so it'd give people an idea of how the spread is like. Dramatic like the SS Jr or subtle like a Charger.
If someone needs footage of the weapons or if there is anything I can help with, someone let me know.

Aerodrome

God of Thunder
Regarding images, I need a 225x225 image for each gun so I can make a page similar to this: http://kuroganehammer.com/Smash4

I also need a fancy banner for each weapon page, but with Smash 4 work and Splatoon data, I frankly don't have enough time to create them myself, so until I get free time or a volunteer the pages will look a bit incomplete for now and there won't be any way to easily get to other weapon pages.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom