Splatoon Wiki?

Endymion

Pro Squid
NNID
Endymion0
Personally I feel a little uneducated when it comes to Splatoon. I just want to change that aspect and be more prepared for it when it's released and have better reasons other than it looks fun and the loli inkling (THAT NEEDS TO BE VOTED FOR SMASH 4) is adorably awesome. Anywho, I looked up Splatoon wiki and it seemed very lackluster to what I expected. Is there a better source of information I can research?

ndayadn

yeah
NNID
Seabass
I was wondering the same but kind of fed my desire for info by binging on Splatoon vids.
Maybe we can get a wrap-up after the direct?

FlareHabanero

Increases the Excitement
It's mainly lackluster because this is a game that has not been released yet. Things will flesh out more when the game is released.

DaKid

Pro Squid
The people editing that are idiots. There's so many things wrong on there.

Pivi

Inkling Cadet
NNID
HeroPivi
It also has comic sans font...seriously? Is there anyway to contact the people running it and get an overhaul started? The game is about to come out and it'd look good for us to have a respectable Wiki.

Mayana

Full Squid
NNID
wolfxdog
The information I'd trust is anything directly from Nintendo's own videos/articles/directs, hands-on experience reviews/videos by critics, and whatever around the Squidboards has been collected already about the game. The Wiki isn't /too/ bad, but it's obvious it's going to be getting a load more information soon.
The Wiki should, hopefully, get an overhaul by the time the game has been released with all the new features we should be expecting. Though I have to agree, the comic sans font is childish at best and the admins behind it should desperately re-think that.

Have a look at some more threads around here - there's some great competitive players and shooter experts who could likely steer you in some good directions with the game! :)

ndayadn

yeah
NNID
Seabass
We could always just make our own threads about what we think is important info.

We have the technology!

Endymion

Pro Squid
NNID
Endymion0
The information I'd trust is anything directly from Nintendo's own videos/articles/directs, hands-on experience reviews/videos by critics, and whatever around the Squidboards has been collected already about the game. The Wiki isn't /too/ bad, but it's obvious it's going to be getting a load more information soon.
The Wiki should, hopefully, get an overhaul by the time the game has been released with all the new features we should be expecting. Though I have to agree, the comic sans font is childish at best and the admins behind it should desperately re-think that.

Have a look at some more threads around here - there's some great competitive players and shooter experts who could likely steer you in some good directions with the game! :)
Will do Mayana.

Endymion

Pro Squid
NNID
Endymion0
I feel like that could have been worded better...
Whoops. I totally didn't mean it like that. I respect this game enough as it is since it's probably the only time tentacles and lolis will exist in harmony.

Lyn

Squid Savior From the Future
Premium
It's really not worth it to look at non-official Wikis pre-launch or even right after launch. Sometimes not at all.

mininut4

Inkling Cadet
NNID
mininut4
is there even a such thing as an "official wiki"?

FunkyLobster

Inkling Commander
NNID
FunkyLobster
honestly, squidboards is a better source of info than that place

that wiki is actually why i made my spreadsheet of all the weapons (currently revealed) in splatoon, i wanted something that wasn't full of misinformation or poorly organized

once the game is out i'll try to make a much more detailed list of all the weapons available as well as a list of perks, and then post it as a guide here and update all the articles about equipment and weapons on the splatoon wiki. that would make it more helpful than it currently is, for sure

Reeze

Inkling
NNID
NedRox
Hey, everyone, I'm basically new here, but I wanted to talk about the Splatoon Wiki. I'm ShrimpPin there, an Admin, and I know it may seem inaccurate and messy. However, the only reason some pages are incomplete is because we really only have about three active editors. There is a lot to cover (try finding pictures for every clothing article shown in a video and making a page based on them!), and we're really trying our best. It would be amazing if we could build a better community and host more detailed articles, and the only way we can do that is if we have people who are dedicated to making it better.

I want to become active here (though I'm not experienced with forums), so any tips would be appreciated as well!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom