• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Splatoon X Tower Records

NovaScienceNever

Senior Squid

From what I can gather, some japanese record store is offering exclusive crossover merch to promote their summer sale. Also, maybe one of the tees will become new gear??

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
My first thought was "Tower Records still exists?"

Flareth

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Make that three, although if I'm not mistaken it actually is that same Tower Records, or at least one of its international stores. Apparently they've survived everywhere but the US.

Besides the shirts, I can see we've got a shot glass, a teacup, a wristband, a grocery bag, a bunch of shirts, and whatever that Salt Candy's supposed to be. All very nice things, to be sure; if only there was some way to get that stuff around here...

I do have to wonder, though, if this copy of Splatune is supposed to be a true special edition or just a repackaged reissue. Assuming the former, I'd hope that the new Squid Sister songs and possibly the live tracks might make their way onto a bonus disc. (Wouldn't surprise me if it were, but I've been wrong before.)

Last edited:

Splatoon❤️

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Lbggamer
a quick translation of basically what it's saying
Splatoon’s Japanese Twitter page has announced a collaboration with Tower Records titled the 2016 Summer Sale. The sale, which lasts from June 24th to July 24th, features several Splatoon t-shirts, as well as a tote bag, posters, stickers, and cups – along with several other items.

The Twitter page also mentions a scratch card contest, in which 50 winners will receive a limited edition Splatoon backpack, and 1,500 winners will receive a Splatoon water bottle.

Merch can officially be reserved on June 16th.

Airi

Inkling Commander
NNID
radiorabbits
Tower Records is very popular in Japan. Tower Records and TSUTAYA are probably the most popular music shops in Japan; they were quite common when I was in Tokyo. They didn't survive in the U.S but they've survived in other countries where physical CDs are still very much coveted. Japan is a country where physical CDs are still well loved whereas digital is mostly loved in the U.S - hence our lack of places that sell actual CDs anymore.

At any rate~ The backpack interests me. :3 I'm assuming it's a Japanese resident only lottery though like always. :(

Splatoon❤️

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Lbggamer
Tower Records is very popular in Japan. Tower Records and TSUTAYA are probably the most popular music shops in Japan; they were quite common when I was in Tokyo. They didn't survive in the U.S but they've survived in other countries where physical CDs are still very much coveted. Japan is a country where physical CDs are still well loved whereas digital is mostly loved in the U.S - hence our lack of places that sell actual CDs anymore.

At any rate~ The backpack interests me. :3 I'm assuming it's a Japanese resident only lottery though like always. :(
Hmm considering this is all Japanese March and was only announced on Japanese sites
It's safe to assume yes Japanese residents only *sigh*

G

girigiriHERO

I have family living in Japan, so I'm gonna look in to this, the hype is real. Either way though TSUTAYA > Tower Records...come on TSUTAYA, get your act together!

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
Never knew Tower Records existed overseas, but I remember some tech articles a year or two ago about how CDs are still holding strong in countries like Japan.

Would like that backpack for actual reasons, because I need a backpack. =p

Airi

Inkling Commander
NNID
radiorabbits
Hmm considering this is all Japanese March and was only announced on Japanese sites
It's safe to assume yes Japanese residents only *sigh*
It's how most lotteries in Japan work. I've had my friends enter lotteries for me when it comes to bands but I think it's safe to say that my friends are going to want to enter this contest themselves. :P

Splatoon❤️

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Lbggamer
It's how most lotteries in Japan work. I've had my friends enter lotteries for me when it comes to bands but I think it's safe to say that my friends are going to want to enter this contest themselves. :p
Yeah I have no friends abroad so I'm doomed xD

birdiebee

Inkling Commander
NNID
birdiebee
Definitely going to splurge on this stuff the next time I'm in Shibuya ;) It's hard not to be smug about where I live when stuff like this is in my grasp.

aqua46

Inkling Cadet
If that squid siters concert poster thing is in store as a freebie, I will be genuinely upset. That thing came right off the wall of my local concert hall. Oh well, more scrounging it is then.

Girumaru

Inkling
NNID
Sqd_girumaru
Ive been hunting some of it down but the shirts dont really look cool to me. Managed to get one of those wristbands. Dont see them too often but its nice they at least collaborated

birdiebee

Inkling Commander
NNID
birdiebee
Thought I would share a couple pics from my trip to Shibuya's Tower Records

The store itself was completely Splatoon themed on pretty much every floor.
However the merch was only in a small section of the first floor, and when I went, they were sold out of everything except coasters, wristbands, candy, towels and pins. No shirts, backpack, tumbler, etc. I might try to go again, or visit their Shinjuku or Akihabara locations. But I bought the three coasters and I'm actually pretty happy with that. Honestly the coolest part was seeing the store itself. The squid that they affixed above their logo outside the building is incredible. I wish I could take that home with me when the promotion is over...

Girumaru

Inkling
NNID
Sqd_girumaru
Thats a shame to hear :( does the discord contact go for Njok too? Ive sent him a msg awhile ago here, but no reply yet

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom