Splatoon Youtube Content: What do you want to see?

jp4464

Jazzy Inkling
NNID
jp4464
Along with doing a Splatoon-based podcast, I'm also interested in making video content for Youtube and Squidboards.

What kind of content would you all be interested in seeing? Weapon guides, theories, tips/tricks, single player, etc.

Please feel free to let me know!

TheGentlebro

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Gentlebro
I may make some videos of the game myself, though I doubt I could provide much more than humorous d*cking around. It'd be great to see some well-informed Weapon Guide or maybe neat tricks that are possible on certain maps, though!

Oni

Full Squid
definitely basic weapon and map guides.

certain path ways and chokeholds and basics of weapons

will be very useful for new players.

Lyn

Squid Savior From the Future
Premium
Mostly stuff from GameXplain and Guides.

Citanul

Senior Squid
NNID
outforprophets
Personally, I'm most interested in Top 5 Plays compilations and "Mythbuster" type episodes where someone breaks down how specific game elements interact. Top 5 Plays is understandably really difficult to put together unless there's built in Replay support though.

Reactions: Lyn

Flying_Tortoise

Sushi Chef
Right now I think its all about seeing gameplay footage, that way we discover new things.
But when it does come out, some good plays, and teamwork would be nice.
If its entertaining it shall be watched

Yaezakura

Pro Squid
I think good Splatoon videos would consist of many of the same thing as successful videos from other competitive shooter games. Weapon guides, strategy videos, compilations of good plays, that kind of thing. An LP-style video series of the campaign mode couldn't hurt (bonus points for including the Amiibo challenges in this). Each mission isn't terribly long, so you could combine 3-4 missions into a single video of a decent length.

Astral

Astral Finish!
NNID
AstralFinish
I like the idea of making compilations. Strategy guides could work as a video too

Actilide

Inkling Cadet
We need something like Smash Academy, maybe Ink Academy or something and we can upload guides and stuff, I actually really wanna do this now, anyone with a capture card hit me up lol

BedBison

Inkster Jr.
I think guides would be a good idea. Weapons, maps, outfits, the whole thing.

Pivi

Inkling Cadet
NNID
HeroPivi
These things are gonna crop up on their own most likely but
  • Highlight reels
  • Basic and advanced tutorials
  • Guides on maneuvering stages and advantageous places to be when you're using this or that weapon
  • Online tournaments and streams held on the regular
  • Videos explaining perks and showing comparisons between you having like, a +HP perk vs you not having a +HP perk
  • SQUAD BATTLES

Ryuho

Pro Squid
NNID
FurryRyuho
Im thinking match commentary could be cool if there is a way to spectate a match. Could provide general commentary of the match, point out good and bad plays, etc.

Pivi

Inkling Cadet
NNID
HeroPivi
Im thinking match commentary could be cool if there is a way to spectate a match. Could provide general commentary of the match, point out good and bad plays, etc.
Match commentary is definitely doable when it comes to shooters. A commentator (or several) would simply monitor a the screens of at least one person on either team and make calls from there
That being said I really hope for a spectator mode, I hope the devs consider that people enjoy watching splatoon as much as they enjoy playing it

Setu

I'm also planning on uploading to youtube frequently, but stream will probably be more frequent. I will most like end up recording wars and funrooms maybe.

Roksys

Senior Squid
NNID
Skolroksys
Match commentary is definitely doable when it comes to shooters. A commentator (or several) would simply monitor a the screens of at least one person on either team and make calls from there
That being said I really hope for a spectator mode, I hope the devs consider that people enjoy watching splatoon as much as they enjoy playing it
I think commentating could be a lot of fun. I've never actually done it, but I think I'd be interested in starting. X)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom