Splatoon's Future?! Japan Splatoon Tournament.. $1 million is prizes?

Flying_Tortoise

Sushi Chef
It is turf war only, and not sure how Puzzles & Dragons fit into this. Perhaps the prizes are being split among multiple tournaments and Splatoon is one of those tournaments (makes more sense). But still this would be WAAAAAAAAY more than any single tournament than I've ever seen for melee. And the game has been out for a few months Kreygasm
Even if this is all in Japanese I'm gonna support every second of it.

http://mynintendonews.com/2015/08/1...es-coming-to-japan-with-over-1-million-prize/

Psycho_Wendigo

Resident World Devourer
NNID
PyschoWendigo
The Turf Wars ruleset kinda disappoints me, granted, it is Splatoon's most unique one, and the one they advertise the most, so it's not surprising.

Mostly however, I can't adequately express how excited I am for this, it needs to come West

SlimyQuagsire

Pro Squid
NNID
SlimyQuagsire
Doubtful it'll come west since it is being hosted by an outside Japanese company. Hopefully Nintendo learns what "eSports" means and does something similar for us, though....
Either way, I'm sure we'll see good competition from this, judging from the scope and prize money. I'm happy to know we eSports already now :)

Hinichii.ez.™

Is Splatoon an E-Sport or just a meme?
@SlimyQuagsire
Nintendo is very aware of Esports. When they advertised Splatoon at EVO, it started with a quote from Justin Wong, saying this game was made for it. That speaks volumes, compared to everything they have ever done, for any other game they made.

SlimyQuagsire

Pro Squid
NNID
SlimyQuagsire
@SlimyQuagsire
Nintendo is very aware of Esports. When they advertised Splatoon at EVO, it started with a quote from Justin Wong, saying this game was made for it. That speaks volumes, compared to everything they have ever done, for any other game they made.
Yeah, I'm aware, but really... they do nothing other than sponsor some tournaments. I hope those advertisements were a sign of something planned by them.
I'm just very pessimistic.

jason1637

Senior Squid
NNID
jason1637
Yeah, I'm aware, but really... they do nothing other than sponsor some tournaments. I hope those advertisements were a sign of something planned by them.
I'm just very pessimistic.
they did have the NWC

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom