Splattershot Jr.'s Flaws and Fundamental Team Construction

CloneHat

Inkster Jr.
NNID
CloneHat
A few points:
1. This thread isn't about the Splattershot Jr. specifically. That was just an example of how viewing any "best weapon" doesn't take team composition into account. Feel free to argue the pros and cons of the weapon in the Gear forum.
2. A weapon's lack of range isn't compensated by "smart play": that is to say by using stealth and manoeuvrability. In Team Fortress 2, the Scout's short range is offset by his high mobility. In Splatoon, all mobility is equal, with the minor exception of movement speed while firing. When we're discussing weapons, and how they contribute to a team, the highest level of play is assumed.

AGES

Full Squid
NNID
Snicks
The bubble isn't exclusive to the Splattershot Jr, though. There is a charger with the bubble as well. Edit: I might have misread your post. lol
The bubble favors the SSJR much more, considering the jr is a close up weapon that benefits from temporary invincibility to either mow down people coming close or begin raising momentum going into enemy territory. Bubble with blaster is solid but IMO the jr is just the better base weapon

The bubble alone carries the JR. The Aero RG(which is already gaining excellent popularity as more people unlock it) is probably the superior weapon and maybe even loadout. Smart bubble play is the key to bringing success to the JR and is what has made it good and will continue to make it good for the time being. Definitely not the behemoth some may realize as OP pointed out but definitely a very viable choice and could be a staple for most constructed teams.

Gsnap

Full Squid
NNID
FJUrban
I guess I agree. Personally I think the Aerospray MG is the best. Great at covering turf, and it has kill potential on its own and with its sub and special. The RG with the inkstrike might have overtaken it, but I don't find the mines to be very good.

But you're correct. Team composition is likely more important than individual weapon. But as it is right now, matches are random, so they're essentially won and lost by "best weapon".

Narayan

Full Squid
NNID
suacidesquid
The Splatter Jr. Is just awesome. Not on every map, I agree, but on the most maps. It's not only about the bubble, but also how you get your meter full. For example on the mall: I take the first 3 ramps, turn around and keep firering and my meter is full. This this in my pocket, my team can progress to the island in the middle of the stage an keep defending it.
The weapon itself can be handy in saltspray rigs, if you want to defend that narrow spot, cause range doesn't really matter there.

Of course there are ways to get around, but I don't get the point. Many people say, that this weapon is bad for a team because it gets outranged in 1on1?
My Opinion: Every team needs a bubble and every bubble needs a weapon to get the bubble full. And there is no better weapon for this job than the Jr. (imo)

But I also agree that the public meta is not jet ready for the bubble because they keep shooting at me while I'm invincible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom