Splattershot Nova : Embracing my delusions

BungaJumpFit

Inkling
Yo! First post here and figured I’d start off looking for some advice, been attacking S rank with the nova and having a blast (have a rank up battle tonight wish me luck) - does anyone play this gun in S+ and have any tips / tricks for success? (I feel delusional playing it sometimes cause you will never win a fight literally ever unless your opponent has horrible aim) I’ve been essentially playing it like a full support, throw point sensors and paint for killer wails that I can in turn hope to push objectives with. Any general advice welcome - here’s some photos of my gear I run and w/L (replay codes can be sent if asked)
Gear is just tenacity because I feel like there’s almost always one man down and I can farm wail faster, special saver for more wails, and stealth jump because it’s an obvious choice.
thanks for reading!

Attachments

Setu

A good rule of thumb I have for people getting into competitive is to make a stealth jump shoe with 1s of ink res, bomb def, and quick super jump. I use it for almost every build outside of backline weapons(and top backlines even run SJ at times). A tip for nova is to always 3rd party fights(general tip for all support players), so that basically means always positioning right somewhat close behind frontliners. Wail is also really great to use when a teamfight just started or for scouting out potential sharkers(target one person that isn’t sharking and then look around after so they won’t go to waste). Besides that you just gotta improve your tracking since its a 5 shot weapon

Masked_Katz

Gnarly Eddy's Boyfriend
Switch Friend Code
SW-3907-3792-4200
The Nova is one of my favorites and most played weapons!

Many players rightfully criticize the weapon for its combat capabilities, the weapon is geared toward passively supporting your team after all, but I firmly believe it can defend itself pretty well if you aren't overextending. While it isn't for everyone, I really recommend trying Opening Gambit sometime. It gives you an overwhelming amount of benefits, providing you space for more abilities on your gear and helping make up for the weapon's shortcomings, such as improving your strafing speed to make up for your low attack power.

It lasts for the first 30 seconds of battle, but it is extended for 15 seconds with each splat and assist you make. The Nova's ability to throw point sensors, snipe with killer wail, and aid the team in fights with chip damage arguably makes it the best weapon in the game for the ability, and can easily make the effects last for the whole match with some practice. Even if you never intend to engage in combat, the bonus to the Nova's mobility which will help you escape fights or run to help a teammate may be worth it alone.

BungaJumpFit

Inkling
A good rule of thumb I have for people getting into competitive is to make a stealth jump shoe with 1s of ink res, bomb def, and quick super jump. I use it for almost every build outside of backline weapons(and top backlines even run SJ at times). A tip for nova is to always 3rd party fights(general tip for all support players), so that basically means always positioning right somewhat close behind frontliners. Wail is also really great to use when a teamfight just started or for scouting out potential sharkers(target one person that isn’t sharking and then look around after so they won’t go to waste). Besides that you just gotta improve your tracking since its a 5 shot weapon
Big advice thank you!!

BungaJumpFit

Inkling
The Nova is one of my favorites and most played weapons!

Many players rightfully criticize the weapon for its combat capabilities, the weapon is geared toward passively supporting your team after all, but I firmly believe it can defend itself pretty well if you aren't overextending. While it isn't for everyone, I really recommend trying Opening Gambit sometime. It gives you an overwhelming amount of benefits, providing you space for more abilities on your gear and helping make up for the weapon's shortcomings, such as improving your strafing speed to make up for your low attack power.

It lasts for the first 30 seconds of battle, but it is extended for 15 seconds with each splat and assist you make. The Nova's ability to throw point sensors, snipe with killer wail, and aid the team in fights with chip damage arguably makes it the best weapon in the game for the ability, and can easily make the effects last for the whole match with some practice. Even if you never intend to engage in combat, the bonus to the Nova's mobility which will help you escape fights or run to help a teammate may be worth it alone.
I always think I’m gonna lose my gambit and get no value out of it so I don’t play it but the more I play nova the more I realize how good it can be to your point, I’ll definitely try it! Thank you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom