• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

splattershot/tentatek splattershot ability ideas?

Callieisbae

Inkling
NNID
FCBfangirl44
Switch Friend Code
SW-5289-0811-6896
Hey wondering if any ideas for splattershot if there any pro builds or competitive builds for the weapon right now im running on
  • Swim speed up (2)
  • Damage up (2)
  • Ink saver (main) (1)
I'm asking anyone is there more better abilities I can use in-game I'm more of an offense player

Green Waffles

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Most will probably try to persuade you to ditch the ink saver main, as one could argue that you need less bullets when you are more accurate.

If you are okay with sacrificing those few extra shots you'll get after using your sub weapon, then you could try any number of other abilities.
-Tenacity for more inkzookas IF you find yourself more on the survivy side.
-Special saver or quick respawn IF you aren't so surviviy(more likely the case if you are going crazy offensive)
-MOAR SWIM SPEED because a fast rainmaker is an alive rainmaker
-Run speed for those rare strafe moments and tower dances(there is soooo much room on the tower if you are in kid form)
-Defense up is getting more popular so I hear (because damage creep)
-Ink resist up, especially if you like to flank

-Bomb range up could be handy, particularly for the regular splattershot

The white ones are the ones I recommend trying more-so, as I'd imagine them more likely to show up at splatoon tournaments.
But you can make just about anything work in S+ if you are smart about it ;p

EDIT derp can't forget cold blooded, still handy even after the nerf.

Callieisbae

Inkling
NNID
FCBfangirl44
Switch Friend Code
SW-5289-0811-6896
Cold blooded? I never really thought of that and i really want to keep my ink saver me because I'm not so accurate with my shots half the time but I will try quick respawn and bomb range up I will try ditching My Ink saver main see how it goes if it doesn't work for me in a few more games i come back to it and I never really ever think about putting cold blooded on me I want to think about putting haunt on my gear but that was like 5 months ago

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
As Green Waffles said, ink saver main is a common choice for ditching. The Splattershot has a pretty generous tank as is so you don't really need additional ammo. If you really want extra capacity though, consider switching to ink recovery. That benefits both your main and sub weapons.

And yeah, think about Haunt. If you're an aggressive player your position being a secret is not something that's going to help if you're already storming the gates, so to speak. Haunt's bonuses when tracked will help your pushes, and if you do get splatted, they get a surprise. Also, perhaps stuff in one main's worth of quick respawn, as even that amount lops 25% off your respawn time, which is substantial.

Callieisbae

Inkling
NNID
FCBfangirl44
Switch Friend Code
SW-5289-0811-6896
Thx for the feedback guys! Much appreciated!
I took in stride of what both u guys said and changed my gear a bit
The current gear that im running on is

Skull bandana
  • Special saver
  • Damage up
  • Run speed up
  • Swim speed up
Slipstream united
  • Defense up
  • Quick super jump
  • Quick respawn
  • Special duration up
Cyan trainers
  • Damage up
  • Bomb range up
  • Ink recovery up
  • Defense up

I want to thank both of you guys again for helping me out a lot and with the gear that I that with me yesterday I managed to get up to B rank!
Thank you guys so much for helping me!

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
Looks like you'll want to pay a visit to Spyke eventually, those bonuses are all over the place :P

ThatOneGuy

Inkling Commander
NNID
BattadaBeast
I'm suprised nobody mentioned sub saver, especially for the regular splattershot. And comeback could be somewhat useful if you're rather offensive.
Then again, I don't know much about the regular splattershot, let alone shooters in general :(

Hope this helped.

Mystrite

Full Squid
NNID
toffee_too_too
Thx for the feedback guys! Much appreciated!
I took in stride of what both u guys said and changed my gear a bit
The current gear that im running on is
Slipstream united
  • Defense up
  • Quick super jump
  • Quick respawn
  • Special duration up

!
If you run Def you always put AT LEAST 2 Mains or it's not very effective

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom