Splattling Gameplay

DonkaFjord

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
DonkaFjord
So it is like a charger that (I am guessing) auto releases when fully charged and can be maneuvered around to cover a wider expanse of ground instead of a straight line. Sweet- I am glad chargers finally have a sub class and a unique one at that!

DonkaFjord

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
DonkaFjord
Dang was just about to make a thread for this.
also

we're all doomed T.T
That whirring sound is going to be pretty panic inducing when I am on the enemies side, that's for sure.

EvuL Soldier

Inkling
NNID
EvuLSoldier
On the video, it looks like the gatling gun only uses ink from the ink tank when charging, and at least from what I see, it's not using any ink when actually shooting with it. It makes me believe that you won't be able to shoot with it indefinitely until your ink runs out but rather for a certain amount of time after charging it.

Right Whale

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Ciano365
That looks really cool! It seems it's a charger like weapon, it looks like you can charge up it many times and let it go and it will go through all of the charges he charged up. It looks quite powerful.

ILikeKirbys

Inkling Commander
NNID
ILikeKirbys
I KNEW IT!
I suspected it would work like this as soon as I saw it. And now that I've seen it in action...
I LIKE IT!
I won't know for sure until I get my hands on it, but it looks good. Makes sense for a Charger sub-class too.
Can't wait until we get to play with it (does anyone know when that might be? I've been assuming it'd come with the update Thursday, but I dunno), hopefully it comes with Bubbler (or Kraken, Kraken would be nice too).

DonkaFjord

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
DonkaFjord
I KNEW IT!
I suspected it would work like this as soon as I saw it. And now that I've seen it in action...
I LIKE IT!
I won't know for sure until I get my hands on it, but it looks good. Makes sense for a Charger sub-class too.
Can't wait until we get to play with it (does anyone know when that might be? I've been assuming it'd come with the update Thursday, but I dunno), hopefully it comes with Bubbler (or Kraken, Kraken would be nice too).
I believe there are several Splatlings planned and I think one of them is actually different in how it plays instead of being just a rebranded weapon. Don't quote me on this; it is just what I have heard.

Blood

Inkling
NNID
BoonVersa
That looks really cool! It seems it's a charger like weapon, it looks like you can charge up it many times and let it go and it will go through all of the charges he charged up. It looks quite powerful.
I really like this Idea that a player can decide how much charge is necessary and then unleash it?

RespawningJesus

I am a leaf on the wind - watch how I soar.
NNID
RespawningJesus
This weapon looks fun as hell to play. Really cannot wait to mess around with it.

wereyoshi

Inkster Jr.
NNID
wereyoshi
Switch Friend Code
SW-1149-3763-7213
Here is a video of a splat zone match from the viewpoint of a splattling player.

Chiro

Inkster Jr.

Gamexplain uploaded a vid recently about the gameplay of the Splatling, one thing that i noticed is, that you cannot shoot all the time until your ink runs dry, there is a limited time using it

#hype

wereyoshi

Inkster Jr.
NNID
wereyoshi
Switch Friend Code
SW-1149-3763-7213
Does anyone know what the sub weapon is?
Its sub is splash wall and its special is inkstrike. My source is the splat zones video I posted in my previous post in this thread.

Last edited:

Ars Nova

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
creed32
Switch Friend Code
SW-5634-9921-9888
The more I see of this weapon the more I wish tomorrow would hurry up because I want to take this thing for a spin.

RespawningJesus

I am a leaf on the wind - watch how I soar.
NNID
RespawningJesus
Its sub is splash wall and its special is inkstrike. My source is the splat zones video I posted in my previous post in this thread.
The wall? **** yes. Inkstrike is meh, but I can deal with it. And I am glad that the gatling is pretty much everything I ever wanted out of it. It also looks like it doesn't take that much to kill with the weapon at close range, since a small burst looks small enough to take down people who get too close. Of course, you still need to be careful with the weapon, as your shots matter more than ever, since if you miss killing someone with your burst, you are in a pretty bad spot.

Last edited:

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
I wanna like this weapon, but having to wind it up first before it fires will make it slow mobility wise and not so great at close combat, which is counterproductive to how like to play which is moving fast and able to get into the opponent's face.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom