• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Sploosh gear help...

derty

Inkling Cadet
NNID
derty10
hey wuts up yal...
Im a sploosh main and was wondering yals take on what would be the best abilities to run with Respawn Punisher as well as Tenacity?

I wanna get a solid load out that would do the best with those specific abilities.
I normally run pure sub save, swim speed and ink saver main, but im looking to possibly sub 1 of them out from time to time depending on mode.
any help will do :D

BBGrenorange

Inkling Cadet
I wouldn’t really run either respawn punisher or tenacity on the Sploosh, purely because it’s a weapon that focuses on killing the opponents, and often dies a lot. The only weapons that really play these abilities are weapons that have trouble covering turf and like to kill their opponents from a distance (so pretty much snipers).

I’d recommend QR and comeback (since you die a lot), ink resist and the ....... other ink resist (bomb defense?) (to reduce your chances of dying), and some swim speed and maybe quick superjump or stealth jump as well.

derty

Inkling Cadet
NNID
derty10
I wouldn’t really run either respawn punisher or tenacity on the Sploosh, purely because it’s a weapon that focuses on killing the opponents, and often dies a lot. The only weapons that really play these abilities are weapons that have trouble covering turf and like to kill their opponents from a distance (so pretty much snipers).

I’d recommend QR and comeback (since you die a lot), ink resist and the ....... other ink resist (bomb defense?) (to reduce your chances of dying), and some swim speed and maybe quick superjump or stealth jump as well.
Idk man my kd is not an issue :)
Im thinking if anything ninja squid would do wonders as well since I love sneaking up on everybody and destroying them haha

Any other tips much appreciated ;)

the

Inkling Commander
Im thinking if anything ninja squid would do wonders as well since I love sneaking up on everybody and destroying them haha

Ninja squid and respawn punisher cant be used together since theyre both main-only shirt abilities

Also if u insist on tenacity and respawn punisher maybe you could invest in special charge up and quick super jump (assuming you’re using the vanilla sploosh?)
Being able to frequently jump in to pushing teammates and surprise enemies with splashdowns is bound to get you a kill now and then, and you’ll have the added bonus of quicker panic-splashdowns (due to special charge and tenacity) and getting back to the action faster when you die (because of quick super jump, counteracting some of the respawn punisher effect)

BBGrenorange

Inkling Cadet

I don’t care about your KD I’m saying that even good Sploosh mains die a lot - it’s just how the weapon plays.

Ninja squid is pretty good on the Sploosh, but you need a lot of swim speed to make up for it.

As for respawn punisher and tenacity, if you want to use the weapon optimally then don’t use them - my earlier advice still stands.

Elecmaw

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Switch Friend Code
SW-3466-8927-7969
Going to parrot the rest and say that you're better off with Ninja instead of Punisher.

Punisher is only good if you can maintain a 3:1 KD or better on a consistent level. Good Hydras and E4Ks are on that level, anything else and it's too risky.
One of the more overlooked aspects is that punisher also saps special charge a ton with each death. You'll drop 72.5% of your special gauge everytime you die, which is really bad if you had it charged and then you get shot. It also diminishes the effect of Special Saver, so there's no point in using that to counter the effects of RP.

If you want a good Sploosh build go for Swim Speed/Quick Respawn/Comeback/Stealth Jump/Quick Super Jump/ Special Saver(1sub), any of those abilities would be a good fit for the Sploosh.

ϛ(°³°)/`

Inkling Commander
To be perfectly honest I would run Ninja Squid as an essential, because it lets you close the gap with opponents - something you'll need to do with the lowest range weapon in the game. Comeback could be useful, especially if you use the Neo Sploosh, not that you should necessarily; any time I play a weapon with Beakons, Comeback lets me get back into the fray super fast and makes good use of that sub saver for replacing the Beakont. Outside of that, either 2x or 3x swim speed main-equivalents, and fill in the rest with run speed, because sometimes you'll pop out of your ink and have to get a little closer still.

Other things to consider are 1x main equivalent of sub power up for the Neo Sploosh to make your Beakons more user friendly for your whole team, and 1x main-equivalent of special charge for either weapon variant. The extra missiles are to annoy people and keep them tracked on your screen while you hunt them down, and the extra splashdowns are just kind of a curling bomb->spec annoyance, but in higher level play people aren't fooled by this as much.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom