*Spoiler* Info on the single player, weapons, bosses, etc *Spoiler*

Pivi

Inkling Cadet
NNID
HeroPivi
I only read bits n pieces, but it seems playing single player is really worthwhile and people should probably get on that first.

Exile

Inkling
NNID
Exile20
The singleplayer looks like a good length. Enough time to get used to the controls but not outstay its welcome.

FunkyLobster

Inkling Commander
NNID
FunkyLobster
oh dear, don't tell me i'm going to have to go off the radar to avoid singleplayer spoilers...

i'm glad about weapons having set stats and being unlocked fast (apparently you can get to level 10 in about 4 hours of online, last unlock is at level 20)

tenacity is a weird perk (fills specials faster depending on the team's playercount.) does this mean splatoon doesn't have to have a full room to start a match?

none of the perks seem immediately over powered or cheap, except for maybe haunt, but that depends on the amount of time shown and most people only really glance at the gamepad anyway. also, you can see the position of enemies in your ink if they walk into it on the gamepad, but nobody ever seemed to notice it. probably won't be that effective in practice, except maybe for competitive teams or higher level ranked matches where people remember to check the gamepad (quick edit: quick respawn may be the norm among competitive teams, probably the perk closest to borderline broken, although it'll probably only save you a second or two each time so won't be that big of a deal)

opening gambit is interesting. i wonder how that would work in conjunction with splatterhopping on rollouts. same with swim speed up. probably the most curious i am out of all the perks listed.

anyway, this is some really exciting stuff.

Last edited:

WeirdChillFever

Pro Squid
Last Ditch Effort is gonna be nice too to ink the splattlefield in your favor in the seconds that matter the most.
Recon is a great ability IMO. When I'm splattered I can make a strat before Squid Jumping into action.

And of course Special "Bubbler forever" charge up, Ink Saver "I can finally throw bombs" (Sub) and Run Speed up will be powerful too.

Lyn

Squid Savior From the Future
Premium
Thank you for sharing this. Is this all true?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom