• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Sponges and Ink Railing should be introduced in online multiplayer.

River09

Inkling Cadet
NNID
King_Felix
Singleplayer has some neat features but I think its unfortunate they aren't anywhere else in the game. Nothing more to it really. I think features that are in single player should become part of the stages online. It adds another level of depth to the stages in my opinion.

Ikieri

Pro Squid
NNID
Mendozaz
Maybe in Future maps that involve other modes, I think we should just keep the simple enough for beginners to join in for now.
Would be a fun idea though, just a massive sponge always getting bigger and smaller.

Chris

Full Squid
NNID
MutedSound1111
Well, in one of the "future multiplayer" maps they had those tube things in them, however it mightve just been a singleplayer addition. But ye sponges and tubes and those geyser like things would be cool

Reila

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I agree, in special inkrails. A stage with huge gaps that can only be traversed by either inkrailing or super jumping to allies would be great.
That would be awesome and ocotgirls playable.
Octoling is their names. But yeah, I'd love them to be playable.

extremechiton

Inkling
NNID
Extremechiton
It could create incredible stage designs, as well as add more intricate layers to the levels. Have pockets of secluded areas to paint.

missingno

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Pronouns
he/him
NNID
missingno
Switch Friend Code
SW-6539-1393-3018
How would sponges even work? Which team's ink inflates them and which team deflates them? I can imagine Inkrails being somewhat of a headache if they keep getting shot before you can finish traversing them, unless it's such a short distance that there's no point in having the rail.

I dunno, it may sound cool at first but I get the impression it'd probably end up rather gimmicky. Multiplayer shouldn't focus too much on platforming.

Marraphy

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Marraph
How would sponges even work? Which team's ink inflates them and which team deflates them?
Neutral sponge = small. shoot blue ink at the sponge to make it big and blue; shooting orange makes the sponge small and go back to neutral and then big and orange. vice versa. At least that's how I'd see it working.

Howl

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
SilverHowl
Neutral sponge = small. shoot blue ink at the sponge to make it big and blue; shooting orange makes the sponge small and go back to neutral and then big and orange. vice versa. At least that's how I'd see it working.
And don't you think that's too time consuming to be worth? Too gimmicky imo. Same with the ink rails, it would just serve as death points. You could maybe have some in your base... it would prevent spawn camping, maybe. As in, your base is really far away from the actual map, but you use ink rails to get to there faster.

Crucifigo

Pro Squid
NNID
Crucifigo
i can't wait for someone to snipe players off inkrailings

i think it'd be neat to at least see it attempted, you'd really have to watch and take note of your surroundings instead of INK INK INK INK INK SQUID INK

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom