• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Sprayze Clan Team Split Discussion

Burritoburger

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Burritoburger
For anyone in the loop, you are aware that we're starting to discuss the idea of Teams within the clan. This thread is made for any members who would like to discuss, ask questions, are put their input on this new idea.

This thread is being made for a more orderly location to discuss the Team Split idea instead of a cluttered Skype chat. There will be updates and members will be kept in the loop about the status of Teams.

Discuss!

Sheek360

Inkling
NNID
Sheek360
I can think of a few ways the groups can be divided.

1) everyone would have to main a weapon and we can shoot for two guns, a sniper and a roller per group. That might be harder than it seems though.

2) add folks to the groups like football strings. Most active would be the a group. Slightly least active would be the b group. Etc etc

3) write everyone's names on separate sheets of paper. Ball them up and toss em in a hat. After a good shake organize that way. Over see progress and rearrange as everyone sees fit.

4) based off time zones? Might allow for max practice time.

Sheek360

Inkling
NNID
Sheek360
I'm like, If we step back and look at this logically. I think we have enough super active and almost as active players to fill 2 teams no?

Burrito says yes

Why not pick those 8 and organize based on balance? The rest should fall in place.

XenoPixel

Senior Squid
NNID
XenoPixel
We have to take weapons into account for sure. A good combination of your first two options, Sheek, in my opinion work the best. My question is if we should take skill into account.

Hey

Inkling
We have to take weapons into account for sure. A good combination of your first two options, Sheek, in my opinion work the best. My question is if we should take skill into account.
There isn't even a way to measure skill

Sheek360

Inkling
NNID
Sheek360
I think skill has to be taken into account. Especially for clan battles and such. During skill assessments maybe the squads can be reorganized?

Sheek360

Inkling
NNID
Sheek360
Oh there is LOL. Just watching a match makes you aware of a players habits. Such as rushing to the middle first. Proper use of beacons. Etc

Sheek360

Inkling
NNID
Sheek360
Also, points shouldn't matter. A great sniper usually won't have a ridiculous score in turf wars. Not their job to cover the ground. Not primarily at least. Where as a rollers bread and butter is his or her score and how they use the roller offensively.

XenoPixel

Senior Squid
NNID
XenoPixel
Oh there is LOL. Just watching a match makes you aware of a players habits. Such as rushing to the middle first. Proper use of beacons. Etc
This is very true, but there's no almighty squid being that can judge each and every one of our skill levels.

Burritoburger

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Burritoburger
The other staff members and I have been talking about it and in the direction it's going, skill will be taken into account, along with points being a contender. However, if this were to happen, we would factor in many more things than just points and KDR.

Sheek360

Inkling
NNID
Sheek360
The other staff members and I have been talking about it and in the direction it's going, skill will be taken into account, along with points being a contender. However, if this were to happen, we would factor in many more things than just points and KDR.
nice. Seems like it just won't only be one guy judging. The fact that multiple people, who between them have played all the weapon types, can definitely get it done

Math

Pro Squid
NNID
BigPenguini
nice. Seems like it just won't only be one guy judging. The fact that multiple people, who between them have played all the weapon types, can definitely get it done
First off: these teams are just intended to break up practice, in my original vision, but that's obvi flexible.

Think that if we enter a legitimate tournament, we'll only be allowed to enter 4 of us, in the event that two of our teams face in GF. (hypothetically) TO's wouldn't let that happen.

Secondly: We shouldn't split into groups based on skill. We want the "better" players mixed in with the "not-so-great" players, so the better players can help the others het up-to-par. If we put all the "worst" players in one team, they won't improve at a very rapid rate. Same goes for a team with all the "best" players. With such a relatively low threshold for improvement, their strategies will remain pretty static.

Thirdly: My proposal, aside from how we go about the divisions themselves, is that each of the 4 teams get to know eachother on a more individualized level and group que for practice. We pair two teams, and they battle eachother to kinda bounce strategies/tactics off of eachother and for each team to notice and criticize where the enemy team may fall short. We rotate the pairs of teams each week on the same weekday.

If everyone's getting a chance to battle everyone and give feedback, every member of the clan will improve, ya dig?

This concludes my outline. Reply if you have any questions/suggestions.

Burritoburger

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Burritoburger
First off: these teams are just intended to break up practice, in my original vision, but that's obvi flexible.

Think that if we enter a legitimate tournament, we'll only be allowed to enter 4 of us, in the event that two of our teams face in GF. (hypothetically) TO's wouldn't let that happen.

Secondly: We shouldn't split into groups based on skill. We want the "better" players mixed in with the "not-so-great" players, so the better players can help the others het up-to-par. If we put all the "worst" players in one team, they won't improve at a very rapid rate. Same goes for a team with all the "best" players. With such a relatively low threshold for improvement, their strategies will remain pretty static.

Thirdly: My proposal, aside from how we go about the divisions themselves, is that each of the 4 teams get to know eachother on a more individualized level and group que for practice. We pair two teams, and they battle eachother to kinda bounce strategies/tactics off of eachother and for each team to notice and criticize where the enemy team may fall short. We rotate the pairs of teams each week on the same weekday.

If everyone's getting a chance to battle everyone and give feedback, every member of the clan will improve, ya dig?

This concludes my outline. Reply if you have any questions/suggestions.

I'm digging a great amount of this idea. I'll run it through with the other staff members, we'll talk about it.

Judd

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
GreatLordChrom13
I completely agree with everything math says. It all sounds reasonable.

Sheek360

Inkling
NNID
Sheek360
Or we can all meet up in person and thumb wrestle for it. School yard rules, no index fingers

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom