Sprinkler & Squid Beakon Health Points

Symph

Full Squid
NNID
Symphonia46
I did some testing with a friend in Regular matches to see how much health the Squid Beakon and Sprinkler has. I noticed that I only shoot less than half of the charge of the shots with Chargers and they would be down instantly.

Notes:

Due to how matchmaking works in Regular matches (being on the opposite team, teammates interrupting) we did as many tests as we could on our own. Some tests may be inaccurate and we didn't test all of the weapons.

We started with the Shooters
- Started with the damage cap of the Aerospray RG to see if the Sprinklers/Beakons have around 75 health.
- Splash-o-matic with one Damage Up to find different results
We then tested the Rollers to see if they were any different
- Splat Roller does 25 damage with each pellet and we tested off of that, nothing different. 4 hits to destroy.
- Krak-On Roller to test Squid Beakons.
We then tested the Chargers and found different results from there
-It seems that Chargers have to at least charge their shot somewhat otherwise you have to do 2 taps
-Kelp Splatterscope and E-Litre offered no difference from eachother
After, we tested out Burst Bombs and Splat Bombs
-Burst Bombs destroy Sprinklers/Beakons on a direct hit, 2 with grazing hits
-Splat bombs act the same as with Burst Bombs
We went back to test out the Blaster to see if it was like the Burst Bombs
-We know that the blast radius has variable damage
-Depending on the distance it may take 1-2 grazing hits to destroy
-A direct hit still took them down instantly
Conclusion:
Sprinklers and Beakons have the same health
Rollers and Shooters have to do at least 100 damage to destroy a Sprinkler/Beakon except
Chargers and Explosives (Blasters and subs) do not have to do at least 100 damage to destroy

What weapons did we use to test this?:

Krak-On Roller (No Damage Ups) - 4 pellets to destroy
Splat Roller (No Damage Ups) - 4 pellets to destroy

Aerospray RG (with damage cap) - 5 hits to destroy
Splash-o-matic (1 Main Damage Up) - 4 hits to destroy
Splattershot (No Damage Ups) - 3 hits to destroy

Blaster (No Damage Ups) - 1-2 grazing hits to destroy / 1 direct hit

Kelp Splatterscope (No Damage Ups) - 2 taps to destroy / One 5% charged shot to destroy
Custom E-Litre 3K (No Damage Ups) - 2 taps to destroy / One 5% charged shot to destroy

Burst Bombs (No Damage Ups) - 1 full hit / 2 grazing hits
Splat Bombs (No Damage Ups)- 1 full hit / 2 grazing hits

Last edited:

HappyBear801

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
HappyBear801
Do you know how the Splash Wall compares to these two in health? I know it can be destroyed, as I've done it before, and it took me around 3-4 hits with the Carbon Roller, if I recall correctly. Is it weaker or stronger than these two?

Symph

Full Squid
NNID
Symphonia46
From experience in earlier games, Splash Wall has a ton more health. 2 fully charged shots from a Splat Charger still doesn't take it down right away and neither does a direct hit from a Suction Bomb will take it down instantly. I'll try and do some tests for the Splash Wall.

My hypothesis for Splash Walls is that it may have 3 times as much health than a Sprinkler/Beakon and that shooting a Wall decreases its time it stays up for depending on the damage it's recieved.

HappyBear801

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
HappyBear801
From experience in earlier games, Splash Wall has a ton more health. 2 fully charged shots from a Splat Charger still doesn't take it down right away and neither does a direct hit from a Suction Bomb will take it down instantly. I'll try and do some tests for the Splash Wall.

My hypothesis for Splash Walls is that it may have 3 times as much health than a Sprinkler/Beakon and that shooting a Wall decreases its time it stays up for depending on the damage it's recieved.
Okay. Thank you for clarifying! It also makes sense since the Splash Wall is used as a more defensive mechanism to shoot behind, where as both the Sprinkler and the Squid Beakon encourage offensiveness. Will you be doing an analysis of its health alongside the Sprinkler and Squid Beakon, and if so, will it be on this thread or a seperate one?

Symph

Full Squid
NNID
Symphonia46
It will probably be posted on a separate thread.

PHYTO-1

Pro Squid
NNID
PHYTO-1
have you tried testing the splashwall health against special weapons?

makemesmellbad

Inkling
NNID
makemesmellbad
I've been using Beakons in a rather unorthodox way, however, with the Sploosh-o-matic. For certain maps (ie. Blackbelly), there are a very limited amount of spots to super jump to safely or without efficiently, so I'd camp at one of the two nests next to the half-pipe and have one Beakon to jump to while two more Beakons acting like Splash Walls. What's good about this tactic is that it now takes 200 damage to be able to get to me by direct ink, and they last until they are used or get destroyed. The information that they have 100 health helps a lot in this matter, because with proper set up, this means that Beakon blocking could become a viable technique in the future for certain weapons. Mainly, though, Beakon is on rollers, so it won't see so much use, but on maps such as Blackbelly and Walleye, there are a few spots to really utilize this strategy to a great advantage over ranged weapons, allowing Gal, Splattershot, and other shooter-types to not approach as offensively.

SquiliamTentacles

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Mr_Squigggles
Mainly, though, Beakon is on rollers, so it won't see so much use
Luckily, the two rollers it has are good, and the Sploosh-O-Matic, Custom Dual Squelcher, and Custom E-Liter 3k use it well. Bad news: None of the new leaked weapons have beakons aside from the Custom E-Liter 3k Scope.

makemesmellbad

Inkling
NNID
makemesmellbad
Luckily, the two rollers it has are good, and the Sploosh-O-Matic, Custom Dual Squelcher, and Custom E-Liter 3k use it well. Bad news: None of the new leaked weapons have beakons aside from the Custom E-Liter 3k Scope.
I worded that badly, lol. I meant to say that the classes used with Beakons are mainly rollers. Yes, they are good, but I hope to see more classes with Beakons soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom