• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Spyke used Sike

Should Spyke take a hike?

• Yes

• No

• I want to ride a bike with Spyke.

Results are only viewable after voting.

SkyBlue

Inkling Commander
'It was super effective!'

So haven't seen a thread specifically about this around, though I've seen plenty grumbles around, of how Spyke takes much and gives little.

For instance I'm trying to get 3 mini sub savers on the Jungle Hat (ink saver main and 5x likely for ink saver sub mini perk). For those that don't know 3 mini perks= 1 main perk.
So I gave Spyke my hard-earned cash again(/andagainandagainandagainandagainandagainandagain) and he delivered 2/3 with the sub saver mini perk ;A;
Such a lovely, spiky little troll you are~

Any who wanted to hear other people's woes on how many tries it took you to re roll your gear perfectly/ what attempt you're on currently. How many you've perfected, etc etc. And perfected doesn't have to be all 3 mini perks the same stat(though thats what I'm calling perfect) it can be the setup you wanted to get like Ninja Squid Main and then have Ink saver sub, Swim speed sub, Special charge up sub.~

OH! and this is the first piece of gear I'm trying to perfect.

edit: way to go me, I wanted this to go into the weapons/gear section. Unless talking about your love/hate relationship with the urchin counts as general.......... Sorry mods!

Phobos

Inkling Commander
I've had a little success, but mostly failure, at getting the perfect rerolls. Right now I'm trying to get 3x1 speed up on the blue moto boots, and must have tried at least half a dozen rerolls already, but no joy so far :/
But with the Splatfest happening very soon, at least there'll be an alternative to giving him all that cash.

DakotaBonez

Full Squid
Does 3 sub abilities really equal 1 main ability? If so, which abilities are y'all referring to.
Where were these numbers calculated?

This is even worse and tedious than breeding pokemon for perfect IVs. Seriously who comes up with these design choices?
We see this alot in Japanese media. The thinking that some are born inherently better than others, and that luck is an important factor in life. Some of us are destined to be Rock Lees while others are just natural Sasukes. But how is this fun in any way? Why put such random elements in a game where people want to test their skills. Perhaps this is why they made the effects of the abilities so miniscule.

Cereal

Full Squid
NNID
Xyvone
I bought a shirt with three sub slots and after a bit of ranked battles and turf wars the shirt leveled up. I ended up with 3 damage up sub abilities

Of course its useless though. Still takes me 3 swipes to splat someone with ink brush

At least I didnt waste 30k on spyke. I don't think I'll ever go to him tbh. I'm too busy buying every piece of gear

ReedRGale

Inkling Commander
It would certainly be interesting to see, instead of a reroll, the ability to simply buy a certain upgrade for an incredibly high price. I would be perfectly willing to save 100k just to buy one ability for certain rather than pay 30k for the roulette spin that it is right now.

Certainty is a commodity Spyke, you can monetize it...

Undr

Random element keeps people from achieving a goal that could end their interest in the game. From a design standpoint, Spyke's utilities make sense to me.

Also, I feel that since this thread doesn't really focus on weapons directly this thread is fine where it is. Don't see any reason to move it. ^_^

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom