Squid Kids Around The World: Hi!

Squelchior

Inkling
NNID
dekudesu
Well, hello Squidboards.
My tag here is Squelchior, and I am a new user here!

I'm planning on contributing to the community through some of my experiences and probably some guides of my own. Splatoon, I believe, can truly develop a strong competitive fanbase and I want to see that competition develop here.
So that's my short purpose for wanting to be on this site.

I'm a young person that absolutely adores Nintendo from the moment I was exposed to their products, and last year's E3 hype got me hooked on this game. I also plan to write about the changes to Splatoon in future updates from a PAL standpoint in the community.

I just love to write, read and adapt my playstyle to others' experiences.
Again, hello, Squidboards!

Cyndane

Obscured in Ink!!
Admin
Premium
Pronouns
She/Her
Welcome to
!!

If you're new please check out the Userguide.

Get Premium to obtain some extra perks and features on the site, all at a great cost. Plus, it helps out the site !

Before you post please check out the Global Rules.

Keep up to date with the the latest news here.
General discussion of Splatoon is here.
Competitive discussions of Splatoon is here.

Guides are useful for those who want to be competitive in this game.
A list of Splatoon tournaments are here !

The Shoutbox is a place to chat with other inklings around the world !

The Crispy Calamari is for general discussions.

If you need any assistance I'll be glad to help, also don't hesitate to ask one of our friendly staff members

Squelchior

Inkling
NNID
dekudesu
Hello! I'm new as well, welcome to squidboards! :)
Just back, thank you so much for welcoming me!!!!

Well what do you know? I'm new as well, I literally just joined.
Well, if in the time I had, the most important thing to think is that to consider that how vastly different areas such as Port Mackerel's objectives differ than that of Blackbelly Skatepark's objectives and so on.

Skatepark is the biggest for "DEATH MATTERS", Saltspray is best approached with a "DEFEND THE AREA" mentality, and Port Mackerel is all about "CONTROL YOUR ENEMIES DIRECTION".

Arowana Mall imo is "Block your opponent's access and sniping points", Walleye Warehouse is usually "HIT AND RUN" in the big central battlefield, and finally, Urchin Underpass would be a lot in "AREA CONTROL".

Which means that weapon choice is huge. Rollers dent your momentum and access to the other areas in the stage in Port, while they are easily snuck upon and killed in Walleye. Jet Squelchers have increased utility in taking out Chargers in Arowana Mall, and Echolocators can allow you to jump around and defeat all opponents in 12 seconds because of how cramped it can be (EDIT: in Blackbelly Skatepark in general) . That's just what I think is important, anyway.

Last edited:

bluekentuckyboy

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
bluekentuckyboy
Awesome, I welcome you all to the website!

I'm glad you have faith in the competitive scene of this game, most competitive games are so stale so I would love to see Splatoon take off!

I hope you all have a good time here and if you need any help, just ask me or another staff member for assistance.

Star

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Skywarp96
Just back, thank you so much for welcoming me!!!!

Well, if in the time I had, the most important thing to think is that to consider that how vastly different areas such as Port Mackerel's objectives differ than that of Blackbelly Skatepark's objectives and so on.

Skatepark is the biggest for "DEATH MATTERS", Saltspray is best approached with a "DEFEND THE AREA" mentality, and Port Mackerel is all about "CONTROL YOUR ENEMIES DIRECTION".

Arowana Mall imo is "Block your opponent's access and sniping points", Walleye Warehouse is usually "HIT AND RUN" in the big central battlefield, and finally, Urchin Underpass would be a lot in "AREA CONTROL".

Which means that weapon choice is huge. Rollers dent your momentum and access to the other areas in the stage in Port, while they are easily snuck upon and killed in Walleye. Jet Squelchers have increased utility in taking out Chargers in Arowana Mall, and Echolocators can allow you to jump around and defeat all opponents in 12 seconds because of how cramped it can be. That's just what I think is important, anyway.
That's pretty neat, I think I may want to get a little more competitive with the game myself. :) I would love to start using chargers, but I have cruddy aim. Guess I should start paying a bit more attention to the current maps to decide on my weapon choice! :)

Squelchior

Inkling
NNID
dekudesu
That's pretty neat, I think I may want to get a little more competitive with the game myself. :) I would love to start using chargers, but I have cruddy aim. Guess I should start paying a bit more attention to the current maps to decide on my weapon choice! :)
I have atrocious aim when sniping as well, wow! So when in Ranked my team is carrying me on a pedestal and I'm cheering joyfully when I kill something. Consider that the rotation will always change what people bring, final tip as well. Just something obvious to keep in mind.

Awesome, I welcome you all to the website!

I'm glad you have faith in the competitive scene of this game, most competitive games are so stale so I would love to see Splatoon take off!

I hope you all have a good time here and if you need any help, just ask me or another staff member for assistance.
Awwwwh. Thanks for welcoming me also! Let's hope this site is as prominent as our Smash predecessor in the future.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom