Squid Sisters Live 2016

Award

Squid Savior From the Future
I just figured out that the Squid Sisters Live 2016 concert on Saturday will be 3AM ET. Yuck, I was hoping I'd be able to watch it live streamed on NicoNico, I always love behind the scenes Nintendo music stuff and would hate to miss it. The trailer seemed pretty cool!

Does anyone, particularly those who can read Japanese, know of any details on the streaming and if it will be viewable anywhere after the event (or how NicoNico streamed events are usually handled in terms of being able to watch them afterward?

RedML51

Senior Squid
NNID
RedML51
Ah, so it's being done in conjunction with the "闘会議" (battle meeting?) event?
Anyway, I've never really watched anything on NicoNico because I've never made an account lol
I looked around on the website and it seems maybe you need premium membership to watch past broadcasts, or at least the ones I tried to watch, but that regular membership is good enough for watching things live
I could definitely be wrong... like I said I've never gotten around to using it :P

Award

Ah, so it's being done in conjunction with the "闘会議" (battle meeting?) event?
Anyway, I've never really watched anything on NicoNico because I've never made an account lol
I looked around on the website and it seems maybe you need premium membership to watch past broadcasts, or at least the ones I tried to watch, but that regular membership is good enough for watching things live
I could definitely be wrong... like I said I've never gotten around to using it :p
Thanks, (and bummer!) I was looking forward to it all month since they announced it! They distributed a trailer for the rehearsal and I loved the slow, jazzified remix of the Spatflest plaza concert song. C&M's vocals were clearer than in the game too, which, odd as it is to say, was neat.

Matybe someone will post a youtube bootleg or something! :D

tape1

Inkster Jr.
NNID
tape11
Switch Friend Code
SW-3407-1101-4635
At 3:48, i counted 29 Callie light sticks but over 50 Marie light sticks... Looks like Marie isn't only more popular just in splatfests.

Enjoyed the concert, great animation & music!

YesI'mTaco34

Inkling Cadet
NNID
YesImTaco
At 3:48, i counted 29 Callie light sticks but over 50 Marie light sticks... Looks like Marie isn't only more popular just in splatfests.

Enjoyed the concert, great animation & music!
Well you know the Winner circle is normally a small one.

Megajack

Inkster Jr.
NNID
smp1998
Honestly, this is just awkward and rubs me the wrong way. I couldn't help but cringe the entire time I watched. (Not that I watched a long time. I couldn't make it past 4 minutes.) I love Splatoon and the squid sisters, but this was plain weird.

I believe a part of me feeling this way has to do with it actually being a concert where thousands of people are there just to watch. If they just had the holographic performance going on it the background of say, a Nintendo convention or the like, I would probably respond positively and think it's cool.

Of Moose & Men

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
MuhFugginMoose
Honestly, this is just awkward and rubs me the wrong way. I couldn't help but cringe the entire time I watched. (Not that I watched a long time. I couldn't make it past 4 minutes.) I love Splatoon and the squid sisters, but this was plain weird.

I believe a part of me feeling this way has to do with it actually being a concert where thousands of people are there just to watch. If they just had the holographic performance going on it the background of say, a Nintendo convention or the like, I would probably respond positively and think it's cool.
It was held after a tournament. . .

Award

Thanks for the links, you guys are great!

Absolutely loved the concert, they really spared no expense on that thing which is pretty astounding. Great music, they did great work with Callie & Marie, and I loved how it truly had the life show feel by having slight differences in the vocals and choreography versus the Splatfest "concerts" The "slow jam" Splatfest number was fantastic - need to find the soundtrack. I'd loop that thing all. day. long. :D

And they really got Callie's confused over-enthusiasm down so well!

It's like a Splatfest IRL. They even had replicas of the weapons. What I wouldn't give to hold an E-Liter or Range Blaster IRL ;)

Award

Oh, wasn't aware. It sounded to me like it was an actual concert type thing (much like those holographic Vocaloid ones).

Disregard most of what I said.
Even if it wasn't in conjunction with a tournament, there's nothing really weird about it (well other than the fact that it was a concert featuring singing, dancing, squids in evening wear...:p) I believe Nintendo often has concerts/events to commemorate million-sellers and launches or core franchise titles (Triforce Heroes etc.) This one just happens to be the only one that caught attention of a fanbase like this because Squid Sisters is so unique, and I think Nintendo went big on the budget for this one because it commemorates their first new major franchise in a looong time. The video doesn't show them much but the live band was on the stage performing, so it's a genuine concert, holograms aside. (And though I'm sure it's prerecorded, it's not like it's actually synthetic voices, C&M have real voice actresses doing the singing. It's processed much like Yoshi & K.K. Slider's voice. I was actually hoping they'd have the VA's on stage for a cameo as well. I think they were there, they had snaps on their twitter feeds, but just in the audience.

Which reminds me, does anyone else find it completely awesome that Marie's VA is actually named Mari? :D

KayB

Semi-Pro Squid
Even if it wasn't in conjunction with a tournament, there's nothing really weird about it (well other than the fact that it was a concert featuring singing, dancing, squids in evening wear...:p) I believe Nintendo often has concerts/events to commemorate million-sellers and launches or core franchise titles (Triforce Heroes etc.) This one just happens to be the only one that caught attention of a fanbase like this because Squid Sisters is so unique, and I think Nintendo went big on the budget for this one because it commemorates their first new major franchise in a looong time. The video doesn't show them much but the live band was on the stage performing, so it's a genuine concert, holograms aside. (And though I'm sure it's prerecorded, it's not like it's actually synthetic voices, C&M have real voice actresses doing the singing. It's processed much like Yoshi & K.K. Slider's voice. I was actually hoping they'd have the VA's on stage for a cameo as well. I think they were there, they had snaps on their twitter feeds, but just in the audience.

Which reminds me, does anyone else find it completely awesome that Marie's VA is actually named Mari? :D
The concept of vocaloid's being popular at all is really weird from any foreigner's perspective.

The ΩS

Retired
NNID
Renwin
Is it weird that I don't find it weird? :confused:
It's normal. For the "most" part, it's a cultural thing for Japanese people to like concerts with fictional characters, even if its a hologram figures. Heck, I actually liked it and reading the translations from here showed they had a fun time. Besides, dat music was too gewd.

Also, I was jamming too hard, but there was a rapper there?

tape1

Inkster Jr.
NNID
tape11
Switch Friend Code
SW-3407-1101-4635
The concept of vocaloid's being popular at all is really weird from any foreigner's perspective.
Well, the U.K. band Gorillaz is fairly popular in the west and the difference between them and vocaloid's is pretty much only the genre they play.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom