• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

Squidbagging Opinions

ThatSquidYouKnow

Inkling Commander
NNID
link12014
Switch Friend Code
SW-0194-3194-0146
Someone was going to point out that it's reportable. Whether we like it or not doesn't change the facts. Personally I think it's a waste of time these days like the activity itself.

To expand on my own opinion, it's mostly just amusing these days. My reactions come down to "well this person got peeved", a lot of time it reflects more on their own salt, flattery as Elecmaw said. Considering there's at least one chronic bagger in the thread, my comments about unpleasantness stand too.
Hi there, I'd like to apologize for your lack of reading comprehension, but in case you did actually read my reply, you would have noticed that I said this:
or if I killed someone's who's just been camping the entire game
And, if you've ever been analytical over your own play, you'd notice that you definitely do camp the entire game. Typically, whenever I get bagged, I re-evaluate what lead to me getting bagged. If someone is so braindead that they follow the same pattern every game, AKA, spawn, run to camp spot, shoot up in the air while jumping until they die, they deserve to get bagged until they force themselves to adapt. Also, using the phrase “chronic bagger” unironically is almost as funny as people reporting for squidbagging. Thanks for attending my TED Talk on squidbagging everybody.

Zero Meddler

Inkling Cadet
Squidbagging is pretty stupid and those that constantly do are petty, have the maturity of a 12-year-old, and/or have massive egos. The only time I ever do it is if someone does it to me but I won't actively try to kill them because it usually ends up in death. If you do get squidbagged, try not to take it personally because it won't do you any good in the long run.

MeTaGross

Inkling Cadet
It's just someone pressing ZR really fast in a Nintendo game. Get over it.
Woah, woah, WOAH. You can't just say something like this about a topic like squidbagging. It's pressing ZL really fast.
Hi there, I'd like to apologize for your lack of reading comprehension, but in case you did actually read my reply, you would have noticed that I said this:

And, if you've ever been analytical over your own play, you'd notice that you definitely do camp the entire game. Typically, whenever I get bagged, I re-evaluate what lead to me getting bagged. If someone is so braindead that they follow the same pattern every game, AKA, spawn, run to camp spot, shoot up in the air while jumping until they die, they deserve to get bagged until they force themselves to adapt. Also, using the phrase “chronic bagger” unironically is almost as funny as people reporting for squidbagging. Thanks for attending my TED Talk on squidbagging everybody.
There's no reason to get upset when you both share the same opinion that squidbagging is a waste. I would be very grateful if you could please explain what you mean by "camping" as it can mean different things. If it is a player moving to the same spot and staying there until they are killed then it is different from spawncamping.

The part of squidbagging that irritates me is the people that do it only do it to me when my team already has a disconnect. It's a petty thing to do that essentially screams to anybody around "I am very insecure and I look for any way to make myself feel better by insulting others."

ThatSquidYouKnow

Inkling Commander
NNID
link12014
Switch Friend Code
SW-0194-3194-0146
I would be very grateful if you could please explain what you mean by "camping" as it can mean different things. If it is a player moving to the same spot and staying there until they are killed then it is different from spawncamping.
Sorry if I wasn’t clear enough, I meant camping as in going to the same spot and being useless until they are killed. I don’t really mind spawncamping, because at least it takes some semblance of skill.

MINKUKEL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
It wastes time (especially players who do it after every kill they get) and you just look pathetic if you do it. In other words, no I don't do it.

It's mostly annoying because players who do it remove themselves from the game for a few seconds, but also, you'd like to think you're playing the game with people who are better than that.

Kaaz!n

Inkling
NNID
Necro84
Switch Friend Code
SW-5692-9200-1434
Personally I will only squid bag in pb and squid party and if I just got a kill then I squidhop to the objective instead of just swimming but that's the most I do as a taunt and I only do that if they kill me first. Honestly though, for me the hype of getting a tri or quad because of how benificial it is to your team is hype enough and I'm just focused on the push even after a pair of kills I focus on pushing back the opponent and pushing the objective because why would anyone waste so much control and such an advantageous position. 5 seconds may not seem like long but in a game as fast as splatoon that can make or break you

Chaos_Knight

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Cha0sKnight
Squidbag me? I'll squidbag back.

End up with me next matches? I'll do nothing and intentionally NOT HELP YOU AT ALL and make you lose every time.

Либра

「Pavor Nocturnus」
Punishing that one player is all I ever need.
You might want to reconsider your attitude then, you might get a nasty cut from all the edge that you're spewing.

Which, by the way, is a metaphor for "You are on a one-way path to getting yourself banned for throwing matches, which, by the way, is a reportable, and if done often enough bannable offense".

But hey, you do you. You don't seem like the kind who's responsive to reason.

Elecmaw

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Switch Friend Code
SW-3466-8927-7969
Punishing that one player is all I ever need.
And ignore the two other people who are just trying to play the game so you have your 'revenge'?

Just saying, but if i were trolling and someone is getting so upset that they're going to throw the game to spite me that absolutely wouldn't make me mad. Instead, that'd feel like the ultimate salty victory.

also bagging isn't a bannable offense get real

Chaos_Knight

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Cha0sKnight
You might want to reconsider your attitude then, you might get a nasty cut from all the edge that you're spewing.

Which, by the way, is a metaphor for "You are on a one-way path to getting yourself banned for throwing matches, which, by the way, is a reportable, and if done often enough bannable offense".

But hey, you do you. You don't seem like the kind who's responsive to reason.
And you're affecting six other people in the process. But hey, you wanna get banned, that's your prerogative.
And ignore the two other people who are just trying to play the game so you have your 'revenge'?

Just saying, but if i were trolling and someone is getting so upset that they're going to throw the game to spite me that absolutely wouldn't make me mad. Instead, that'd feel like the ultimate salty victory.

also bagging isn't a bannable offense get real
And squidbagging has been a controversial debate since the first game. And has anyone come up with a solution for this? Someone's gotta deal with this issue. Someone's gotta be punished for their immature behavior. They brought that upon themselves for choosing to do it.

Elecmaw

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Switch Friend Code
SW-3466-8927-7969
And squidbagging has been a controversial debate since the first game. And has anyone come up with a solution for this? Someone's gotta deal with this issue. Someone's gotta be punished for their immature behavior. They brought that upon themselves for choosing to do it.
If people intentionally taunt you to piss you off and you get so mad that you're going to throw, they win. The only real loser is you, in this scenario. The troll couldn't be happier at you for throwing and the rest of your team will be mad at you for throwing. You're only punishing the rest of the team.

This game is practically toxicity free, and squidbagging is about as bad as it gets in terms of bad player behavior. If you ever try out any other online game, you're in for a nasty surprise when your teammates will get voice chat to voice their discontent. Believe me, squidbagging is nothing compared to that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom