• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Squidball Stuff

DDB

Senior Squid
NNID
Diddybound
I figured since I did a sort of guide for Squid Jump, I should do one for the other minigames too.

The Goal: Knock the zapfish into the jellyfish and assorted other fish to get enough points to advance to the next stage.

Types of Fish:
  • Jellyfish - These little guys are the basic ones. Each one you hit is another point to your tally.
  • Starfish - A lot like the jellyfish, but they're worth THREE points each.
  • Green fish - I dunno what kinda fish it is, but these aren't worth any points, but when you hit them, they explode into a bunch of tinier fish that can hit whatever is behind them.
  • Urchins - Ugh, these guys. They'll block your shots if you hit them. Depending on which Zapfish you're on, it'll
  • determine what happens should your Zapfish collide with it.
Serving and Shooting:
  • The Zapfish is automatically served to you, and depending on where you knock it back up from, it'll float more in that direction. You have to be careful though, if it floats back over the net before you hit it a second time, you'll get NOTHING. You lose. Good day, sir.
  • When hitting the zapfish, you can actually hold the control stick in a direction to influence it's direction a bit. Holding it back makes it more of a spike, and holding forward makes it fly far.
Other Points of Interest:
  • This minigame doesn't really have lives, like the other games. Instead you just get 3 Zapfish per stage. Each zapfish is bigger than the last, giving you more of a chance to hit what you wanna hit.

RotomGuy

Inkling Cadet
NNID
RotomGuy
Which Amiibo unlocks this one? I only have the Squid Amiibo right now.

DDB

Senior Squid
NNID
Diddybound
The Inkling Girl unlocks it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom