• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Squidboards Transition Thoughts

Tidal

Inkling
Hello everyone, I am Tidal!

I am a new member to Squidboards, and I am very happy to be here. I've been playing Splatoon since August 2015, but unfortunately never joined Squidboards until now. I am very excited to see the revival of this platform, and honestly hope it out-performs Twitter's Splatoon community.

However, it's clear there is work that needs to be done. So here's what I'd like to see in the future!

• Mobile App: Having a mobile UI interface will expand it's usage by a large count. It's convenient, and nice too!
  • Update the UI: This one is a obvious one, update it to Splatoon 3.
  • Profile Badges: It would be super cool and incentive to have unique badges like sendou has on this platform to encourage others to participate in conversations!
  • [Edit]Sendou.ink Integration: I would like to see Sendou take some parts on here and help integrate Squidboards x Sendou. It is a huge ask, but I think it would make the Splatoon community so much better to have 1 site dedicated to the entire franchise.

Last edited:

Germ

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-2229-8959-6187
These ideas are all really cool, hope that some of these could become reality/something similar. I think Squidboards has a lot of potential.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

yes so do I but the app one because this website is owned and ran by the community

youre_a_squib_now

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Switch Friend Code
SW-8478-8105-6114
I'm not sure how I feel about profile badges. I don't have much experience with this but to me it feels like that could have the potential to make it more about badges for talking than about thoughtful discussion.

Suchi

The Eternal Dualie Squelchers User
Premium
Switch Friend Code
SW-3685-3474-1994
I don't have much experience with this but to me it feels like that could have the potential to make it more about badges for talking than about thoughtful discussion.
profile badges are a staple of forums. I can see it being more fleshed out.

Albi

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-0470-9413-3241
Hello everyone, I am Tidal!

I am a new member to Squidboards, and I am very happy to be here. I've been playing Splatoon since August 2015, but unfortunately never joined Squidboards until now. I am very excited to see the revival of this platform, and honestly hope it out-performs Twitter's Splatoon community.

However, it's clear there is work that needs to be done. So here's what I'd like to see in the future!

• Mobile App: Having a mobile UI interface will expand it's usage by a large count. It's convenient, and nice too!
  • Update the UI: This one is a obvious one, update it to Splatoon 3.
  • Profile Badges: It would be super cool and incentive to have unique badges like sendou has on this platform to encourage others to participate in conversations!
hi tide lol

also yeah! profile badges would be a great addition. Hoenstly, if we're going to move to this being our main source of discussion for the community, I think we should try to push for some form of Sendou integration in general, like connecting our accounts for it and getting our Sendou badges here

fillet.

Inkster Jr.
Switch Friend Code
SW-4238-5756-7104
I'd really enjoy a lot of this when I don't have an easy access to a computer, the mobile layout is indeed a bit awkward.

Alphine_Agnitio

Trans Bird Trans Bird 🏳‍⚧️
Switch Friend Code
SW-5178-8280-0912
I'd really enjoy a lot of this when I don't have an easy access to a computer, the mobile layout is indeed a bit awkward.
I imagine maintaince was the biggest priority up til now, so yeah.

Wouldn't surprise me if the staff team have to upsize to keep up with all the traffic, I've seen a lot of examples of bad faith/troll behavior which does mildly worry me. it should pan out well in the end though

Cebe

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-4493-6009-9703
Mobile app would be huuuge. I’ve always been terrible with keeping up with fourms and social media as a whole and having it on my phone to check up on makes me way more active on these types of platforms

Tidal

Inkling
hi tide lol

also yeah! profile badges would be a great addition. Hoenstly, if we're going to move to this being our main source of discussion for the community, I think we should try to push for some form of Sendou integration in general, like connecting our accounts for it and getting our Sendou badges here
Oml you are so right, seeing Sendou & Squidboards come together would be AMAZING!

Also hi Albi lol

fillet.

Inkster Jr.
Switch Friend Code
SW-4238-5756-7104
I was more thinking of a actual dedicated app towards it lol
Definitely possible already, just unsure how that can be distributed due to copyright? But I've never made an app before, so..

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom