• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Squidboards Update #2 - Beta Users, Boards, and Staff Applications

The First Global Testfire is Tonight! How Many Games Are You Going to Win?

• None! I'm probably atrocious.

Votes: 3 4.0%
  • At least one.

Votes: 4 5.3%
  • Hopefully at least two!

Votes: 7 9.3%
  • At least half.

Votes: 18 24.0%
  • Almost all of them!

Votes: 18 24.0%
  • I'm eSports! Every game will be a victory!

Votes: 25 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Happy Friday!

I'm sure many of you are getting ready for all the paint-splattering madness this weekend, so I'll be sure to keep this nice and concise.

Boards

We've got some shuffling to do here, so take some notes if you must.

First, Splat Zone will lose the Guides board. Never fear, Inklings! The Guides board will be moving to Booyah Base to join Maps and Weapons.

Further, additional boards will be added in the future alongside the Summer 2015 content updates, including regional boards, team/player/game search, Squidboards tournaments and events, and much more.

For the News Board, it will now become the News & Features board. Features will now become part of the Squidboards homepage content alongside Splatoon news.

For the General Discussion board, the Global Testfire Stream Directory thread has been pinned. This board will also gain an additional thread: Official Global Testfire Discussion, which will also be pinned.

Beta Users

Quite the awesome bunch! Before the launch of this full Squidboards website, we had a small "beta" forum that was basic and free, but had a small, tight-knit community of users that stayed active for months on end. You likely interact with many of them on a daily basis, as almost all of them have joined the official site.

We want to continually thank Beta users over time for their contribution to the foundation of this community. To align with this mission, we'll continue to help any Beta users with securing their original username on the current site.

In addition, we will be introducing a special Beta user rank and a private Beta user board on the forums. The rank and board will be available only to users who participated in the Squidboards Beta. As such, you'll be asked to validate your Beta status when the time comes.

Beta members will only be eligible for the rank and board access if they joined Squidboards and had 10 or more posts on the forums at least 24 hours prior to the launch of the current site.

Also, although Warchamp also signed up for the Beta around launch, even if he was eligible based on the aforementioned parameters, he would still not qualify for these perks. Neither would AlphaZealot or myself. But especially not Warchamp. ^_^

Expect more information on these Beta developments, which should arrive in the very near future.

Squidboards Staff Positions

I'm sure this is what you've all been waiting for. It certainly was the last time we discussed this!

My apologies for the delay, but the time has finally arrived: staff applications are open!

Click here to be brought to the Squidboards staff application form

Some information (also found on the form itself):

This application process will allow Squidboards users to apply for the following staff positions:
-Global ("Super") Moderator
-Staff Writer

-This is the first wave of staff applications. More positions will open in the future.
-Currently, we are not looking for any additional administrators, but this status will likely change sooner rather than later.
-Please be sure to fill out all the information in this application to the best of your ability.

-Staff applications will be open until Monday, May 25th, at 12:00 PM EST. Any applications submitted at 12:01 PM EST or beyond will not be considered. But we do encourage you to apply next time!

Basic Rules:

-You will be able to select a total of two possible staff positions. You will be able to denote which you prefer over the other. However, you are not guaranteed to get one or any of your preferences.
-At the time of your application, you must have a total of 25 posts on Squidboards. Users with 24 or less posts will not be considered.
-Users who apply during this application process will be allowed to apply again, but will not be given special preference in the selection process.
-Any answers must be in English.
-Please try to keep your application free of grammatical errors (especially writing applicants!).

IMPORTANT: These are VOLUNTEER positions.

--

Feel free to leave any questions, comments, concerns below or reach out to me via private message or on Twitter if you'd like to discuss anything covered in today's update.

Last edited:
TheRapture

Comments

Well, I got an unfair spam warning for no reason.. so, RIP my chances.
I wouldn't worry about that yet. There is a mod on Smashboards that got a few warnings before being a mod. And since this place is technically an extension of Smashboards...

I wouldn't worry about that yet. There is a mod on Smashboards that got a few warnings before being a mod. And since this place is technically an extension of Smashboards...
It had 0 points, so a "Reputation" or whatever -it's-named tab does not appear, and I'm not infracted as a result. I went to Forum Support nonetheless.

I hope things work out though.

No reason. It was a spam warning. I only posted "Welcome to the boards!" in one thread and bam, I got it. Fortunately, it had 0 points and didn't matter much. I'm not infracted, but I contacted Forum Support nonetheless.
Ah, I see. I got the same kind of spam warning on Smashboards. I wouldn't worry about it.

I applied for Global Mod and Competitive mod, i was involved in numerous forums before this but never applied for a mod rank, hopefully i can start the experience here!

Besides, I'm more active in Smashboards, so being a [Welcome Center] mod here would be far-fetched. I'll see what happens.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom