• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

Squidboards Update

Hello squids! Here today with an update on Squidboards!

Update Graphic.png

With Splatoon 3 now announced, it was time for a little bit of spring cleaning around the forums. We'll be making some significant updates to the site that are long overdue. As part of this upgrade process, there are a few features that will not be carried over.

Specifically, the Groups section and the Shoutbox will be going away. With the growth of Discord over the past few years, many teams and groups moved their discussions to dedicated servers, and Squidboards itself has a Discord server of it's own (Come join us!)

In return, the boards will be getting a fresh coat of paint and a bunch of awesome changes to make it load faster, easier to navigate, and be friendlier on mobile devices.

While there is no specific date slated for the upgrade yet, we expect that it will be in the coming weeks. As such, we'll be switching the Groups and Shoutbox sections to read-only in the next few days to prepare.

We hope you're looking forward to this site update almost as much as Splatoon 3! Let us know what features you'd like to see on the updated site, or discuss your thoughts on Splatoon 3 in the new Splatoon 3 forum.

Warchamp7

Comments

Sounds cool! I know this is a bit of a weird request, but I'm a member of another game forum site called Starmen.net, and they have a system of badges where doing things around the site and competing in events (or just befriending mods) can ear you badges under your avatar. A less weird request, Splatoon 2 (and maybe even 3) emojis could be cool.

Sorry if my thoughts are too weird.

Sounds cool! I know this is a bit of a weird request, but I'm a member of another game forum site called Starmen.net, and they have a system of badges where doing things around the site and competing in events (or just befriending mods) can ear you badges under your avatar. A less weird request, Splatoon 2 (and maybe even 3) emojis could be cool.

Hey, I'm not an active social media person, so I'm not that experienced with anything on here, but I don't think that's weird, I think it sounds cool.

(̶A̶l̶s̶o̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶'̶r̶e̶ ̶a̶ ̶f̶e̶l̶l̶o̶w̶ ̶S̶p̶l̶a̶t̶o̶o̶n̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶M̶o̶t̶h̶e̶r̶ ̶f̶a̶n̶)̶.

I think this is a great idea, not weird at all :)

Having emojis for Splatoon 2 and 3 are definitely on the list on things to do

What about adding some capcha to protect the forum from spam? It's getting out of hand at times.
We have measures in place that stop a lot of bots as is. No solution is perfect unfortunately

I don't know, I might be wrong, chat box was a seperate page on the site where you could just say whatever (I don't think that's exactly how it worked but I knew it was there), I think that's what ttv woomy and emeperor were referring to, rather than the post box.

It would be nice if you could put full maps of Octo Valley and Canyon.
I would also like to see inklings and Salmonids running across the screen,
What about posting Splatoon fan games?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom