Squiddernauts 2v2 Extravaganza!

grandpappy

You guys made me ink!
NNID
eyeplaybass
Squiddernauts 2v2 Extravaganza!

Hey kids and squids (and Jackie)! I know you’re sitting around thinking, “Gee I wish someone would give me something cool to do. That would be swell!” Well, kids, have I got the thing for you! It’s Grandpappy shaZach’s first ever SQUIDDERNAUTS 2V2 EXTRAVAGANZA!!!

What’s that?

I’ll tell you! This is a squad only event that will be played out as a 2v2 tournament of sorts. Fabz and I will be placing everyone who is interested in teams of two and then throwing you in a pit with all your friends to fight for glory and my affection. And also a fresh Splatoon tee shirt of your choosing (https://www.teepublic.com/gifts/splatoon)!

When? October 17th Starting at 1PM EST

This will be played in a round robin format. So, your team will play each and every other team and the top two teams at the end of that will play for the prize.

Rules:

Matches will be played as a best of 7

NO turf war

At the beginning of the match; host bans one mode, then opposing team picks a mode (SZ, RM, TC)

Map banning can be handled however you decide (I expect you’ll all be civil with each other… right?) but if you must rely on me for guidance, do a standard banning of the “starting” (Walleye, Mall, Urchin, Saltspray, Blackbelly) maps in 1-2-1 fashion starting with the team that didn’t ban mode first. Then after game one, have the winning team ban 3 maps and losing team picks.

One win = one point

A loss = zero points

BOTH TEAMS should report results of a match to me afterwards.

Why? All of us have our strengths and our weaknesses. To some, these are apparent. To others, they are not so obvious. We’ll be personally tailoring these teams to find the yin to your yang. I think you’ll find that you can learn a lot from your fellow Squiddernauts! I want us all to level up, to improve our play and to work collectively as a team better. I hope to accomplish these things through this tournament while providing a friendly competition and a fun time.

Prizes:

A tee shirt of your choosing from here: https://www.teepublic.com/gifts/splatoon, purchased and mailed by yours truly.

Infinite glory and bragging rights!

AND another mystery prize to be announced at a later date!!!

TEAMS!
Emily/Jackie
Char/Shucks
Fabz/Chase
Ben/PQ
Lux/Jack
Desert/Zach

BRACKET!
http://challonge.com/tib4i28

Now get out there, and make me proud!

Last edited:

Aweshucks

Kinda a loser
Event Organizer
NNID
Aweshucks
Definitely in. If my internet troubles aren't fixed by the time it starts I'll drop out

SchismSeed

Inkling
NNID
SchismSeed192
I'm interested, but would we be allowed to partner up with someone from another squad?
Otherwise I'll just see if anyone from my squad will have the time to git gud with me on this one. ...hopefully.

SchismSeed

Inkling
NNID
SchismSeed192
Hey sorry If this was confusing, but this is a squad only event. Unless you're in SDS and I don't recognise your squidboards name. If you'd like to know more about Squiddernauts and recruitment, message me or @fabz97
Ah I see. no worries then.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom