• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Squidkids Squid AT: Showering

The Squidkids are back! This time Michelle shows off a deadly new technique called 'Showering' that makes the Splash Wall sub weapon even more powerful. She also shows off some other helpful Splash Wall tricks that will definitely help you up your game. If you want to use your Splash Walls to their maximum potential, be sure to check out the Squidkids video below:

Don't forget to visit the Squidkids channel for more helpful tips, tricks, and tutorials like this! Stay fresh!

Comments

I knew it would be showering next, you can tell if you're actually subscribed or follow the channel actively. =]

"enabling you to easily place the Splash Wall on the tower"

"easily"

pls

This is useful info, though. I didn't know about the pseudo-invincibility trick. Looks really handy!

Found people doing that already since the video was released from a week if I'm right, that really bothers the opponent, I can't accept the fact I'm shooting and not getting the splat, and It sounds like it will happen, but no, so when I realize is late, the only way is to retreat, relocate and wait, but the time you use like that you're losing the lead... So you must push before that happens, guys, keep shooting even if they release the thing, there's like a 50% to get the splat because of the way the wall is placed, it does a parable before touching the ground, that's the moment to aim and shoot like the most crucial moment of the game, try to keep distance because you can get splattered by a shower XD

Wow i was wondering why people were "showering" in the middle of the battle when i was playing last week. After watching this it makes so much sense.

D
So wait. Standing underneath the Splash Wall makes you invincible from all directions?

Honestly, this doesn't seem like a very good idea against competent opponents. Even if you have only a tiny portion of your hit box poking out on the other side of the wall, if your opponent throws a bomb at it, you die. I'd rather not take that chance, thank you very much.

Honestly, this doesn't seem like a very good idea against competent opponents. Even if you have only a tiny portion of your hit box poking out on the other side of the wall, if your opponent throws a bomb at it, you die. I'd rather not take that chance, thank you very much.
If the move correctly, or are placed correctly they don't have to fear bombs, already tried tossing some splat bombs on that situation and I lost because the ineffectiveness and no ink wise movement left me without defenses, yup you can try to toss the bomb behind the enemy, but they already know the range. As an enemy I think I have two options, be faster, and spat the enemy before the wall is placed, and if that doesn't works, run trying to lure the enemy in a more favorable place to me.

If the move correctly, or are placed correctly they don't have to fear bombs, already tried tossing some splat bombs on that situation and I lost because the ineffectiveness and no ink wise movement left me without defenses, yup you can try to toss the bomb behind the enemy, but they already know the range. As an enemy I think I have two options, be faster, and spat the enemy before the wall is placed, and if that doesn't works, run trying to lure the enemy in a more favorable place to me.
That's the whole point of what I'm saying. The "correct" way to avoid trouble with bombs is to use the Splash Wall the old-fashioned way--by staying on your side of it. If you attempt this "showering technique," you're just asking for a bomb to the face. Many players throw bombs at or over Splash Walls anyway to shorten the lifespan of the wall and/or force Splash Wall users to back up, so leaving yourself vulnerable to being splatted by such bombs just makes things even easier for them.

That's the whole point of what I'm saying. The "correct" way to avoid trouble with bombs is to use the Splash Wall the old-fashioned way--by staying on your side of it. If you attempt this "showering technique," you're just asking for a bomb to the face. Many players throw bombs at or over Splash Walls anyway to shorten the lifespan of the wall and/or force Splash Wall users to back up, so leaving yourself vulnerable to being splatted by such bombs just makes things even easier for them.
Question here is to know when is appropriate to use this technique, like if you're having a duel and someone attacks from behind you can use a couple of seconds under the wall to think watch for a way to escape or something, also I think you can't only rely on a technique like this, you have to use all you know and be really flexible in order to counter everything that can come after you.
I only can relate my experience with splat bombs because is the sub I mastered, I use to make space when I'm on pressure, I can apply pressure, when I'm not on range I usually try to read the movements and anticipate opponents, and the most difficult use is to use the bombs as a final hit when I'm dueling someone, toss the bomb to a place and make pressure with the main weapon in order to make the other person fall on the bomb, due to my weapon characteristics this is really useful, even more if I find that user has defense up. So to have a variety of options is what makes you survive, which is crucial, same for every sub weapon of the game, people needs to don't underestimate the value of them and find a lot of ways to use them.

This is why not many weapons use Splash Wall sub.
By the way, you can just throw a Disruptor on the floor near splash wall to counter that 'showering'.
Since the one using Splash Wall is obviously low on ink already, being hit by Disruptor afterwards will only make the situation worse for them. Counter Pressure, i guess?
Nothing is OP in this game, most people just don't know how to deal with each weapon yet.
Although sometimes even though you do know, there is no guarantee that you will be able to win every battles.

Last edited:
I have to be honest, the protection of the Splash Wall combined with the long range ability of the Heavy Splatling makes you a splatting machine. No joke.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom