Star Wars Splatfest

Velveteen997

Inkling
With Battlefront exploding into the gaming scene, and with Star Wars just blowing up as of late, I think it'll be cool if we had a Light side vs Dark Side themed Splatfest.

We already seen a Transformers themed SF, so a Star wars themed one sounds feasible.

In addition to that: Star wars themed gear
Mandalorian, Clone, Stormtrooper (Careful, you wont splat a damn thing), Rebel pilot gear.
AT-ST defense, like tower defense only this tower fires back.
Just some wishful ideas =D

BlackZero

Inkling Commander
Not a terrible idea, though I think Empire vs Rebellion would be cooler. Jedi aren't known for their rifles and machine guns.

On a side note, am I the only one who wanted to be an X-wing pilot instead of a Jedi when I grew up?

Zombie Aladdin

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Overhazard
Rather than Light Side vs. Dark Side, why not Rebels vs. Empire? They're the actual conflict in the movies (the novels, not quite as much), AND they have their own symbols.

Star Wars would be an immensely difficult IP to use though, even with a company as big as Nintendo, due to Disney's ownership. I mean, Marvel-themed video games just kind of dropped off in frequency of release shortly after Disney bought Marvel.

Smashling79

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Linkmaster3000
I agree with you Velveteen. I was also thinking the next NA splatfest will be Star Wars due to all the hype and it being released soon. Maybe it would be X Wing vs Tie Fighter, or Obi Wan Kenobi vs Darth Vader.

I personally would choose X Wing or Obi Wan because if you join the dark side of the force, you will have lots of power but you will still get screwed over somehow in the end lol

redacteddd

Banned (6 points)
Lol nerds, the force awakens has all the promotion it needs, don't think they need a splatfest to build it up even more.

aceofscarabs

Inkling Fleet Admiral
After the Infinity ripoff, Nintendo would probably demand some serious concessions from Disney before they'd host a Splatfest like that.

Joseph Staleknight

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
JStaleknight
Switch Friend Code
SW-1169-3473-1031
Well, they've already announced a Splatfest for next week. Unfortunately, it's nowhere near Star Wars-related. And since the film's going to be released the week after the Splatfest, I doubt Ninty would screw up their Splatfest timing for that promotion--especially not when it looks like they're aiming for a post-Squidmas Splatfest as well.

Sorry, guys, but the miracle never happen.

NNID
robswiiuid
All these themes are dumb. Either 'Jar Jar Binks vs Hayden Christensen's acting' or don't do it at all!
Agreed, but if Splatoon had "Which is worse" Splatfests, they could probably do a 'Boss Nass Vs Watto' Splatfest, assuming everyone has actually seen The Phantom Menace, or just not do any at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom