• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Starting Maps

WaifuRaccoonBL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
As we all know by now, Splatoon will be starting off with 5 maps:
Screen Shot 2015-05-08 at 6.35.01 PM.png

What are your thoughts on these stages? Do you think any of them are good/meh/bad looking? Do you think there are too little/too much? How soon should they start adding new stages?

jp4464

Jazzy Inkling
NNID
jp4464
Hopefully new stages will be added very soon after release. While five stages is an OK amount, I'd really like to see more diversity, especially with a game as hectic and strategic as Splatoon.

BoTalksGames

Pro Squid
Content Team
NNID
BjFauble
Definitely think this is a low amount, but they've already promised to at least double it over the summer. Most of the maps look good in my opinion.

CoopLan

Squid Streamer
NNID
LanceHS
With the confirmed updates, I have no doubt we will be getting more stages constantly. Before we even know what to do on all the stages we will definitely have more.

WaifuRaccoonBL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I do agree, the stage list I rather be bumped up sooner then later. The stages they did pick are pretty good though. I already love Saltspray Rig and Arowana park.

For competitive play, we don't have to worry too much about it until August. Though, I'm hoping for at least 10 stages by then. Hopefully even more.

Diableos

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Diableos
I do wish there were a few more maps to begin with. I'm not a big fan of Walleye Warehouse from the demo because of how easy it is to spawn camp. It might not be as much of an issue when the game launches and there's some real teamwork going on, but for now that's my biggest concern, and I really hope it doesn't apply to any other map. That means I already somewhat dislike one of the five starting maps and that's pretty disappointing to me.

Dirty Duck

Inkling Cadet
NNID
TheThirdChild
I do wish there were a few more maps to begin with. I'm not a big fan of Walleye Warehouse from the demo because of how easy it is to spawn camp. It might not be as much of an issue when the game launches and there's some real teamwork going on, but for now that's my biggest concern, and I really hope it doesn't apply to any other map. That means I already somewhat dislike one of the five starting maps and that's pretty disappointing to me.
What's more disappointing is you could have a 50% of playing on that map each game for 4 hours. Would much rather all the maps be put into the randomised fray every game.

Trieste Sp

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
They're good stages, but I feel they're not enough, it's a good thing we'll be getting more after launch.

2xDair

Full Squid
NNID
Elecrogelion
The current lineup of stages is nice but there just needs to be more of them. I feel that new stages will come sooner rather than later as we've been shown some stages in action that won't be available from the start (e.g. this campground-looking map: http://splatoonus.tumblr.com/image/107608490289). I'm hoping for a robust lineup of fun stages, and so far it doesn't look like there are any maps that are unbalanced.

Radi

Senior Squid
NNID
InfinityBeamX
Some of these stages are pretty nice, but it would be nice if there were just a few more of them. I'm not the most fond of Walleye Warehouse either. It seems rather boring in my opinion. people who camp at spawn will get rather annoying as well.

Overall, I shouldn't really complain about quantity, because the quality of these stages would tower an endless amount of horrible stages.

AceBen

Inkster Jr.
NNID
bigbenlondon
Isn't the Skatepark the arena used in the tutorial?
I like the Rig from what I've played because it is more complex and a funner setting than the Warehouse.
That said, I love the look of the Mall, and I hope there are lots more coming, since the selection is pretty scarce at the moment.

Lyn

Squid Savior From the Future
Premium
Not a fan of how little amount of maps there are, I'm also going to hate 2 maps for 4 hours. Like, really? I got a little bored of the maps by the end of the test and I doubt I'd be able to endure them for 4 hours before getting 2 others. :confused:

Batboo

Inkling
NNID
MV_Holiday_Guy_1
these stages seem fun but blackbelly skatepark > other stages

WaifuRaccoonBL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
So with the confirmation that a new map will be added each week, there doesn't seem to be too big of a problem with the starting list. I didn't dislike it before, but that news makes it better.

ndayadn

yeah
NNID
Seabass
So with the confirmation that a new map will be added each week, there doesn't seem to be too big of a problem with the starting list. I didn't dislike it before, but that news makes it better.
I think it's a new piece of gear, map, or weapon, not just one (or all) each week.

Nukichuu

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Nukikero
I really would love to know how many Maps they wanna make. having ~10 maps would be cool

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom