Stopped playing for a few weeks, now I'm complete garbage.

YesI'mTaco34

Inkling Cadet
NNID
YesImTaco
i haven't played Splatoon in about 2 months.

i been wanting to play again for about 3 weeks now but i'm afraid jumping back in and getting destroyed.

Minato Arisato

Senior Squid
I only stopped playing for less than a week and I'm garbage. Looks like this is a game where you have to consistently play to keep up your skill level.

aceofscarabs

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I took a break between Splatfests and the only thing that suffered was my reaction time, my brush technique is still fresh.

redacteddd

Banned (6 points)
Do try to get in some play time at least once a week. It'll keep your playstyle fresh. In addition, you should probably mess around in the firing range for a bit

Inky Corruption

Full Squid
NNID
ShaneTC
This reminds me of when I used to be competitive in the PvP scene of an MMO... I took a month's break to travel and by the time I returned I was completely destroyed by everyone I used to fight, including by those I used to beat consistently. At that point, my pride was shattered and I could never get back into it. Trust me, I know how it feels.

Best thing you can do is...well, get back into it. If you don't, you're not exactly going to become better again. I didn't back then, and the end result was that I simply stopped playing (since PvP is basically what kept me coming back). Finding time to play can be difficult if you're busy, and even missing a few days can have a noticable effect, but it's better than simply giving up and quitting because you didn't dare brush up on your skills again.

chrisblass1

Pro Squid
NNID
Chrisblass1
i've havent played in a few week either, i have no drive to play it atm.

PrinceOfKoopas

Inkling Commander
NNID
PrinceOfKoopas
I haven't gotten above 1,000P in this Pirates vs. Ninjas Splatfest as a Splattershot Jr. (Custom) player and I feel like that's a really bad performance from what I used to get.

Glass Eater

Pro Squid
Meh, I stopped Playing Splatoon for almost 2 months. I was sitting around 54 -A. Decided to play again and went straight to rank and after 3 hours of playing I increased my rank to 70 -A.

Sure I'm not a pro or anything, but the muscle memory was still there. You should be fine, just remember to play for fun and forget your rating.

HarmonyX

Inkling
NNID
Harmonyflame
I stop playing the game for a week every once in a while, and when i return I'm usually fine if not better. You just need to allow yourself to get back into a good rhythm.

Hero of Lime

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Link643
Switch Friend Code
SW-5339-5185-8796.
When I took a few days off to play the Halo 5 single player, I came back to Splatoon with some difficulty. Playing two shooters must mess with my head, and I use twin stick controls in Splatoon, so they aren't too different in regards to control. Oddly enough, when I primarily played Metal Gear Solid V, I had no issue going between the it and Splatoon.

Regardless, after several matches in Splatoon, I got back into the groove and played just fine.

Smashling79

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Linkmaster3000
I stopped playing for 2 months and was garbage at the start, but after about 7 or 8 turf war matches I got back into the groove and began rampaging through ranked. Just play turf until you find your rhythm again. Thats my advice IMO. If you come across pro players you will get back to yourself quicker as you watch what they do after they splat you.

Power

Inkling Commander
it can work both ways. If someone stops playing for a bit, (not too long) when they come back they could be much more skilled and have a fresher reaction time.(which isn't everything though) It really depends on several variables so it is hard to pinpoint exactly why ones skills stay fresh (maybe even better) or go down the toilet.

Zombie Aladdin

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Overhazard
This happened to me after not playing for 12 days, and I haven't even been playing for that long!

I'll say that it's not the only game where I'm afflicted by this. Oddly, it doesn't seem to happen with Mario Kart or Smash Bros., but maybe that's because I don't play either at a competitive level. I do play pinball at a competitive level though, and I can see my ability to concentrate and react decrease after only 5 days without plunking quarters into a machine at an arcade or movie theater somewhere.

Mr. Gency

Full Squid
NNID
Mister-Gency
Oddly enough, when I primarily played Metal Gear Solid V, I had no issue going between the it and Splatoon.
That could be because MGSV, despite having standard FPS/TPS controls, plays so differently than Splatoon. Splatoon is a fast-paced twitch-action shooter while MGSV is a slower paced stealth game.

That's assuming you're not a demon, of course.

Phobos

Inkling Commander
Heh. I stopped for around three weeks because during all the time I'd been putting into Splatoon my friends were putting time into Smash, and then went onto to destroy me at one of our Smash sessions, so I've only been playing Smash recently in an effort to catch up. But then I played a bit of Splatoon with my niece and nephew at the weekend and I definitely noticed a skill drop. But still I'm going to have to stick with Smash for a bit, so won't be able to correct the problem for a little while.

Spraylan

Inkling Cadet
NNID
JonasOrtega
I took a month off to keep from burning out and now my life is a nightmare.

RemiRei

Inkster Jr.
NNID
RemiRei
For me it's the opposite, didn't play for 2 weeks and now my aim is better than it was before ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom