Strange Double Special Trick?

Was this a freak accident or super situational tech?

• Total voters

Overlord X

Inkster Jr.
NNID
OverlordX19964
So as me and my gf were playing Rainmaker in the Randoms Lobby, she was playing the match and used the Seeker Bomb Rush in Moray Towers, she ended up popping the Rainmaker's Shield with what I believe to be the final bomb, and the final bomb causes the shield to burst and instantaneously, she acquires another special...has anyone else encountered this? Possible tech or freak accident? Who knows, wanna hear what you guys have to say

Joseph Staleknight

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
JStaleknight
Switch Friend Code
SW-1169-3473-1031
I just tried it out on Recon and got it to pop with only two bombs. So I did it again, this time only firing at the last possible moment. Neither time did I get my special back. I'm not going to rule out the tech possibility since I'm pretty sure I could have timed it better, but I'm still inclined to believe it was a lucky accident.

That said, now I wonder if Nintendo's going to patch that up the minute they discover it.

Magix

Inkster Jr.
Well, your special charges up if the rainmaker shield's explosion colours a lot of neutral/enemy turf. Try going to the rainmaker shield in recon and blow it up with your main weapon without inking anything on the way there, you'll see that you'll get a huge amount of special charged up that way. Depending on where the rainmaker shield blows up and depending on how much your weapon requires to charge its special, it can be quite easy to fill it up. I got from 0 to >90% of a Bubbler's meter instantaneously without any special charge up on my gear.

This is even easier with Killer Wail, since it requires less charge time by default. I've blown up the shield with a Killer Wail and instantaneously gained a second Killer Wail on a few occasions before. The only reason this isn't more common, is that the rainmaker shield will rarely be surrounded by only neutral/enemy turf.

SquiliamTentacles

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Mr_Squigggles
Well, your special charges up if the rainmaker shield's explosion colours a lot of neutral/enemy turf. Try going to the rainmaker shield in recon and blow it up with your main weapon without inking anything on the way there, you'll see that you'll get a huge amount of special charged up that way. Depending on where the rainmaker shield blows up and depending on how much your weapon requires to charge its special, it can be quite easy to fill it up. I got from 0 to >90% of a Bubbler's meter instantaneously without any special charge up on my gear.

This is even easier with Killer Wail, since it requires less charge time by default. I've blown up the shield with a Killer Wail and instantaneously gained a second Killer Wail on a few occasions before. The only reason this isn't more common, is that the rainmaker shield will rarely be surrounded by only neutral/enemy turf.
And also, the nature of Seeker Rush means that seekers still gain turf for your special once the special is done. Plus, if they did use Special Charge up, it would make it even easier to charge it up.

I would not say it is impossible, but it would require precise timing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom