• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Strange Match

Calden

Inkling
just had a strange match where a load of Japanese players were just jumping in and out of squid form around each other in the centre of the map. Anyone come across this before? Couldn't work out why they were doing it, boredom?

Tigurr

Inkster Jr.
NNID
disasterbreak
Probably a group of friends messing around.

DonkaFjord

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
DonkaFjord
just had a strange match where a load of Japanese players were just jumping in and out of squid form around each other in the centre of the map. Anyone come across this before? Couldn't work out why they were doing it, boredom?
Same but it seemed like it spread to the other players. I had a sniper on my team with just 6 points in turf wars at the end.

Zulehan

Inkling
Heh, so just squidbagging, it seems. Or some players will try to draw pictures (some not necessarily appropriate). Or some people will show up using the same weapon, such as an Inkbrush to play 'bumper cars' with. Once in awhile people doing this may be coordinating it from a stream on Twitch.

TheMH

Inkling Commander
NNID
The_MH
Happens from time to time ;) You can try it yourself, too. Just start messing around at one point and there is a high probability other players will join you and keep doing this over multiple matches.

Friendan

Pro Squid
NNID
xdbrendanxd
I was doing that yesterday and I'm pretty sure I saw a Caiden or Calden some time. Was it on Bluefin depot?

Calden

Inkling
I know I stayed around for two maps. The only one I can recall it from though was Urchin Underpass.

Putrid Squid

Inkling
I tried to start a Squid Party last night, but the other team was merciless and killed me while I was flopping around.

Silentsoul

Inkling
NNID
Silentsoul
Had it today in 3 matches, different players all Japanese had zero points at the end of the game, as you can imagine we lost.

DonkaFjord

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
DonkaFjord
Guess it is similar to taunt parties in Smash Bros online.

Also @Silentsoul your avatar gives me slight body horror squicks.

Phobos

Inkling Commander
Heh. Yesterday on Arrowana a player with a brush immediately rushed to our base and drew an, er, 'explicit image'. I had to kill him of course, but I quickly spammed 'Nice!' next to his remains, so hopefully he saw on splat-cam that I was amused by his antics.

DonkaFjord

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
DonkaFjord
Heh. Yesterday on Arrowana a player with a brush immediately rushed to our base and drew an, er, 'explicit image'. I had to kill him of course, but I quickly spammed 'Nice!' next to his remains, so hopefully he saw on splat-cam that I was amused by his antics.
Main reason why the brushes are fun during splatfest- you can draw things when you are on a team of 1.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom